[MAP] [Released] The ultimate Batcave 2.0

• It is finally released. I wanna thank @TheMadBreaker for these awesome props. https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/the-batcave-2-0-addon-props

• will there be a batman script?

• @ismailmoustafa0802 We have already some Batman scripts but I don't know if we release them before the movie

• What do these script include?:)

• Guys, this looks wickedly amazing! :)

One question, though, if it uses the new propseditor, why is it still dependent upon that crude Map Editor stuff?

• @meimeiriver cause prop editor is only to build a addon folder for prop, you still need to place that prop IG. And map editor permit do to it in an easy way.
    Sure now that possible to add that prop editing the map from file but that a longer and harder way to build map with multiple prop

• @Shaezbreizh said in [MAP] [Released] The ultimate Batcave 2.0:

@meimeiriver cause prop editor is only to build a addon folder for prop, you still need to place that prop IG. And map editor permit do to it in an easy way.
    Sure now that possible to add that prop editing the map from file but that a longer and harder way to build map with multiple prop

Thanks for the explanation. :)

• @Shaezbreizh said in [MAP] [Released] The ultimate Batcave 2.0:

Don't these ytyp maps (like from ingame DLCs) store the positions of the props too? Like

<position x="10.61062000" y="-1.02313000" z="5.53174400"/>
          <rotation x="0.00000000" y="0.00000000" z="0.00000000" w="1.00000000"/>

Reason I ask, really, is because I Map Editor is an extremely crude, bulky mod. No offense (as ytyp map editing has only recently become available); but Map Editor can takes minutes, really, to load a large map, bringing your game to a near grinding halt. Whereas ytyp maps load extremely fast, with no lag of any kind.

So I hope that, one day, ytyp maps will appear that no longer need Map Editor. :)

• @meimeiriver yeah i guess it the way it work ( didn't try this way yet) but it's easy when you've only few prop, about a map with thousand of prop it must be fastidious for modder mind idk xd
    but i think we're a bit offtopic now ;S

• @Pantyshot Hmm, don't think I fully understand the process yet, tbh. Addonprops defines a line, like:

<filename>dlc_addonProps:/def_props.ityp</filename>

Yet, def_props.ityp is nowhere to be found, except INSIDE props.rpf. The same goes for your batman props.rpf.

Little confused here. Didn't def_props.ityp need to be rebuilt at some point too?!

• @meimeiriver Just try it out, it works...I actually don't know why, I'm not a scripter, but it works

• @Pantyshot Thanks, will try. :)

While I'm at it, I'd like to point out that addonprops itself is not necessary to run these type of maps. You can add these props.rpf files (or however you want to name them) simply as entries to your own addon packs, like:

<Item>
            <filename>dlc_combi2:/data/props/props.rpf</filename>
            <fileType>RPF_FILE</fileType>
            <overlay value="false" />
            <disabled value="true" />
            <persistent value="true" />
        </Item>
        <Item>
        	<filename>dlc_combi2:/data/props/def_props.ityp</filename>
            <fileType>DLC_ITYP_REQUEST</fileType>
            <overlay value="false" />
            <disabled value="true" />
            <persistent value="true" />
            <contents>CONTENTS_PROPS</contents>
        </Item>

Reason I mention this, is that I've already stumbled upon several modders instructing you to just replace props.rpf from the original addonprops mod. That's not gonna work out, of course. :) So, just so ppl know, you can just have several of these props files inside your own addon pack, side by side, without having to overwrite anything.

• @meimeiriver Thanks for the info

• @Dekurwinator said in [MAP] [Released] The ultimate Batcave 2.0:

@meimeiriver said in [MAP] [Released] The ultimate Batcave 2.0:

def_props.ityp

change name from def_props.ityp to something unique otherwise there will be conflict with other mod using addonprops (same name of ityp)

The "Props Editor.exe" documentation itself says:

• A file(def_props.ytyp) will be generated in "rel" folder.
    • Import this file to dlcpacks/addonprops/dlc.rpf/props.rpf

So, since they instruct you to replace the def_props.ytyp file INSIDE props.rpf, I think it's safe to assume, at this point, the externally defined DLC_ITYP_REQUEST dataFile type is superfluous/unnecessary here (maybe a remnant of how they initially did it?).

@meimeiriver said in [MAP] [Released] The ultimate Batcave 2.0:

def_props.ityp

change name from def_props.ityp to something unique otherwise there will be conflict with other mod using addonprops (same name of ityp)

If I look at other DLC's (from Rock* itself), for instance in mods\x64h.rpf\levels\gta5\interiors\v_int_23.rpf\

it looks like the pertinent .ytyp files are named after the props file name (so, v_int_23.ytyp, in this case). So, if I rename props.rpf to batman.rpf, my guess is I need to rename the .ytyp file inside to batman.ytyp accordingly.

@meimeiriver rpf and ytp can be diffrent like this: batman.rpf and cookie_monster.ytyp and it will works. Important is correct configuration of content.xml and setup2.xml.

That's what I'd figured, yes. Untill I examined content.xml of addonprops, which defines

<filename>dlc_addonProps:/def_props.ityp</filename>

But that external file does not exist at all.

Wait... I'm only now getting it. :) It's not a FILE, really, but a DLC_ITYP_REQUEST (as in: a hint as to what the game should look for).

Mystery solved. :) Thx.

• @Pantyshot Hmm, that didn't go as expected:

23-Apr-17 04:36:00 MAP FAILED TO LOAD:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at MapEditor.MapEditor.LoadMap(String filename, Format format)

@meimeiriver rpf and ytp can be diffrent like this: batman.rpf and cookie_monster.ytyp and it will works. Important is correct configuration of content.xml and setup2.xml.

Still not going entirely the way I want to: The Batcave Woes

I must be missing something. :(

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.