Add a section for downloaders to add their own screenshots

• Like on nexus mods please daddy rappo

18 screenshots is not enough!

• @420x420 I'm currently working on the ability to rearrange images and videos in order, and my changes kind of open up the possibility for this request. Once this feature is done I'll see what it'll take to add your feature request.

• @rappo There any chance of getting a teeny-tiny bit more when it comes to the size of screenshots being uploaded? I'd love to use the uncompressed ones I've got but many times they end up tripping the size check.

• @Unmutual What's an example file size you're hoping for? Like 2.5Mb? Or higher?

• @rappo Oh that'd be perfect, I think you'd be able to start uploading some decently compressed 4K images at that point. Certainly 1080/1440p uncompressed. I'd say anything between 2-3mb would be acceptable, seriously doubt most people will take advantage of it anyways.

• @Unmutual use reshade.com to resize

• I may increase it to 2.5Mb, I'll see. That said, there are many ways to compress PNG files if you still want to upload high quality images. One method I use is a Unix function called pngquant. If you provide a sample 4K screenshot from GTA V I can check what kind of compression it would get with mostly no difference to the naked eye at 100% zoom level.

• i use gimp2 a free photo or texture editing program. It can scale image resolutions either larger or smaller, compress them to smaller sizes(compress them at 9 or 10 to reduce file sizes), export to various formats, change colors or reduce brightness etc. The only thing its really missing is the ability to make brush sizes smaller or larger but for a free program you cant complain.

• You can also get a free (and legal) version of Photoshop CS2 from TechSpot, that does an excellent job of managing file sizes... and you get access to the scripting functions which are really useful.

• Made my own Photoshop bulk resize plugin just for this lol

• And of course, using JPG format is better than PNG. My screenshots' size are over 15Mb when I save them in PNG format, but only 500Kb-1Mb when JPG format is used.
    Autodesk's Pixlr is a handy free software I use, I use it to convert my PNG images to JPG.

• Glad to see so many replies! Got a legit copy of Photoshop CS6 already, but the issue is me not being arsed to go in and spend time compressing the shots I've got haha. My average uncompressed screenshot runs 1.5-2.5MB so this change would be perfect. In the future however, I will attempt to squeeze every bit of quality I can out of a 4K image with some of these compression techniques.

• Or just don't mind and use ImRe to batch resize PNG/JPG to a specific size or % of the original

• @Unmutual this is what i use to compress my screenshots https://tinypng.com/ compresses anything 5mb or lower

• @rappo said in Add a section for downloaders to add their own screenshots:

@420x420 I'm currently working on the ability to rearrange images and videos in order, and my changes kind of open up the possibility for this request. Once this feature is done I'll see what it'll take to add your feature request.

Sweet deal

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.