[SCRIPT] [RELEASE] [WIP] - Grand Theft Space

• @FoxtrotDelta Same model?
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• @Unknown-Modder That sounds very interesting.

Glad to see the camera boundary is cracked. Also, is that global height limit the height limit for aircraft?

If it is, it would be absolutely amazing if it could be dynamic. We can change where it is for different aircraft. I would like to double it for passenger jets. Military jets should reach the stratosphere (I'm doing it with Sonic Boom right now).

Also, the shadow height limit is at 1600. It is below the games regular aircraft height limit. This mod or even regular GTA V could use this to be cracked.

Finally, on an unrelated note, I have seen the talented things you have done with GTA V. I was wondering, do you think it would be possible to do any of the following?
    -Remove the weapon checks at Ammunation. Rockstar placed in checks that block people from buying many weapons in the shops. It blocks the 4th of July weapons, the heist weapons, the low rider weapons, and everything after that in SP. It blocks the rail gun and tazer in MP, but that is another story. Is there any chance you can remove the block? If so, I believe the weapons should start popping up on the wall.
    -Would it be possible to remove the blocks that are stopping the shops for MP characters from working? I believe that they are in the same script as the SP shops, however Rockstar blocked the MP character shops in SP, and the SP character shops in MP. This could be useful for a GTA Offline mod, which would basically be like a single player GTA Online. Also, another way this could be done is if somehow in Character Swap, when you use a SP characters slot as an MP character, it also swaps the shop so it uses the MP characters shop.

@nkjellman said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Grand Theft Space:

Also, is that global height limit the height limit for aircraft?

I'm not entirely sure about this limit but it applies to more than just aircrafts so I named it global height limit.

If it is, it would be absolutely amazing if it could be dynamic. We can change where it is for different aircraft. I would like to double it for passenger jets. Military jets should reach the stratosphere (I'm doing it with Sonic Boom right now).

This will most likely not happen since it would cause many issues for e.g. Grand Theft Space.

Also, the shadow height limit is at 1600. It is below the games regular aircraft height limit. This mod or even regular GTA V could use this to be cracked.

I'll look into it.

Finally, on an unrelated note, I have seen the talented things you have done with GTA V. I was wondering, do you think it would be possible to do any of the following?
    -Remove the weapon checks at Ammunation. Rockstar placed in checks that block people from buying many weapons in the shops. It blocks the 4th of July weapons, the heist weapons, the low rider weapons, and everything after that in SP. It blocks the rail gun and tazer in MP, but that is another story. Is there any chance you can remove the block? If so, I believe the weapons should start popping up on the wall.
    -Would it be possible to remove the blocks that are stopping the shops for MP characters from working? I believe that they are in the same script as the SP shops, however Rockstar blocked the MP character shops in SP, and the SP character shops in MP. This could be useful for a GTA Offline mod, which would basically be like a single player GTA Online. Also, another way this could be done is if somehow in Character Swap, when you use a SP characters slot as an MP character, it also swaps the shop so it uses the MP characters shop.

I'll see what I can do about this when I have some time. I'm currently busy with exams, Grand Theft Space and Simple Zombies 2.0 development, and updating some of my other mods.

• @Rarefacer im not sure. mine is from HUM3d. and in MAX format . but could be the same yes.! mine is 437MB file size.

• Inb4 cunts start bitching about HUM3d ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Can't wait to see how it turns out @FoxtrotDelta :thumbsup:

• @sollaholla do we have a map for it. i would love mars desert :P

• @FoxtrotDelta Sort of. If you'd like the model I can send it to you in DM's.

• @FoxtrotDelta @Rarefacer the official NASA repositery provides good stuffs too https://nasa3d.arc.nasa.gov/models
    i already started a Multi Mission Space Exploration Vehicle few monthes back https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/8546/vehicle-wip-n-a-s-a-mmsev this space thing is so exiting!

• @sollaholla naah. im good. just downloaded that one too. i'll compare and choose the best one.

• @mistaputt wow. i hope they are Good polycount. that is just awesome. more stuff to work on.

• They do have some great low poly models, but the ISS and some of there other "display builds" (I'll call them that because they're basically for presentations) are around 1-2 million faces :P

• @FoxtrotDelta Is ok man, the main model source is HUM3D too, I had that model in list to contribute to Grand Theft Space, but if you have plans for Curiosity rover, that is pretty cool and I can go with the next vehicle in list.

@mistaputt Yeah, NASA 3D stuff is awesome, some models are not so detailed (specially in textures) but pretty good.

@sollaholla Let's to find Star Citizen and ME Andromeda stuff for the mod.

• @Rarefacer no no no. if you have plan's i won't take it way from you. i didn't know you had plans for it. im short on time anyways you can make this one. i'll contribute in a different way :) i won't do that to you.

• @FoxtrotDelta Do this please, I no started nothing yet and I can focused in other vehicles and stuff to the release in one month aprox.

Ok so I found the limit, it's actually at 1500m. All I need to do now is adjusting the float array. I could also disable the dynamic shadows completely if I wanted to just by NOPing this: movaps xmm1, xmmword ptr [r14+0D00h] at the right address.

Edit: Unfortunately, it turns out to be way more complex than I thought. I'll have to do some research before to understand what's going on.

• @Rarefacer if it's okay with you than great.

• @Unknown-Modder said in [SCRIPT] [WIP] - Grand Theft Space:

Ok so I found the limit, it's actually at 1500m. All I need to do now is adjusting the float array. I could also disable the dynamic shadows completely if I wanted to just by NOPing this: movaps xmm1, xmmword ptr [r14+0D00h] at the right address.

Edit: Unfortunately, it turns out to be way more complex than I thought. I'll have to do some research before to understand what's going on.

Well good luck then. I hope that you figure it out.

• Well, you guys have probably heard the recent OpenIV situation. I'm not sure what that means for the future of this mod (since our mod relies heavily on OpenIV). We will be haulting release until we have further information or statements from TakeTwo, or the DMC.

Thank you to all who have supported us, hopefully this isn't the end. :(

EDIT: Development will continue. Please try not to spam this thread about it. I apologise. Love you guys.

• @sollaholla i Agree, same here.. the tragedy is touching all of us in the heart.

• You can still use Open IV if you select uninstall later.

• @GTA4LIFE9000 It's not worth the risk.

@sollaholla There are always installation backup's to keep the program working as it's doing right now :P

• @Reyser What about the people that don't know how to do all this crazy fire-wall setup / file placement stuff? And the question stands, am I going to get in trouble for re-releasing openiv?

@sollaholla Well, shouldn't be a problem for me to do a Tutorial for its purpose :P

Why would you want to "re-release" it?

• @sollaholla You are paranoid, so much it is funny man. There hasnt been a public statement on OpenIV status, they said its illegal to do any kind of reverse engineering, OpenIV was built along that method but the final product isnt doing reverse engineering! You wont get in trouble god dammit. Not until they flag every single bit of modification as illegal

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.