Need help running mods/scripts

• I am completely new to all of this and have been trying to run mods like Ironman, vehicles, aircraft and scripts but can not seem to get anything to work. I have installed ScripthookV, ScripthookV.net. Moved the necessary files to my GTA 5 library. Installed Visual C++. I have Windows 10 so already have .NET Framework. Installed OpeniV and linked my GTA 5 library to it. But I can't get any scripts to work the only thing I can do is use mods that are in Enhanced Native Trainer that I installed. I have watched tons of videos on each mod/script I have installed and every single one says to do something different so I am now to the point where I am re installing GTA 5 so I can start over fresh.

Are there any more up to date guides anywhere or does anyone have any pointers? I am completely lost and have spent hours trying to figure this out. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• @331VEX All ScriptHookVDotNet mods install in exactly the same way. You create a folder called scripts inside your main GTAV game folder and you put all your .Net scripts into that folder. That's all there is to it really.

If you are having problems, then the first thing to check is all the logs that the various script related files create. ScriptHookV.log, ScriptHookVDotNet.log are the primary ones. Check to see if anything is failing or more importantly, that the ScriptHookVDotNet.asi is loading correctly.

• @LeeC2202
    Thanks for the reply. I just saw that you did. So I should put scripthookv and .net into a script folder? Or just the .net? Literally all of the videos I watched just said to copy and paste them into the Gta 5 directory. And how would I check the logs? Thanks again.

• Just curious to run a script you press Ctrl+N right? That's what makes the Nibm mods menu come up? Only one video said how to run it and I'm not even sure that's the correct way. Thanks.

• @331VEX

@331VEX said in Need help running mods/scripts:

Thanks for the reply. I just saw that you did. So I should put scripthookv and .net into a script folder? Or just the .net? Literally all of the videos I watched just said to copy and paste them into the Gta 5 directory. And how would I check the logs? Thanks again.

You should put both mentioned files in GTA root directory.(where your GTALauncher.exe is located at.)

Just remeber all scripts ending with *.asi should go into root directory.
    And all scripts ending with *.dll should go into scripts Folder located inside your GtA root directory.

Now, when you are in game, and if you think scripts didn't load, just hit INSERT key once, and wait for few seconds. It should load all scripts located in Scripts folder(*.dll).

Sorry for any typos, I am on mobile.

P.s. Use tag feature while you reply e.g. @LeeC2202 to notify that user.

• @ashishcw
    Thanks. So I should put the .net scripts into the scripts folder along with .dll? and the scripts folder you are mentioning is the one you make in the GTA 5 root directory right? Just want to make sure. Also, this Ironman mod I am trying to run only has .oiv files. And this video I watched said to insert the both the script and actual Ironman mod .oiv file into Open iv/tools/package installer/game folder. Does this sound right?

• @331VEX said in Need help running mods/scripts:

@ashishcw And this video I watched said to insert the both the script and actual Ironman mod .oiv file into Open iv/tools/package installer/game folder. Does this sound right?

No, that sounds wrong. :) .oiv are premade package installer modules for OpenIV. Here's how you install them properly: Installing .OIV packages in GTA V

• @331VEX Alright, so I will try to help you understand the basics first.

See, when it comes to modding, there are different types to it. Below are the 2 majorly used mod types

1. Model Swap/Upgrade(e.g. Cars, Peds/in-game people, other add-on entities(In-game Clothes, in-game weapons etc))
    2. Script mods(Which could be of *.asi, *.dll, *.cs files) - This type of mods, may not change your ingame properties, but rather add/edit the existing functionality of your game-play.

Now, when it comes to modding, there are couple of very famous tools used around GTA V modding, one of them is OpenIV.
    OpenIV is a tool which will help you open the encrypted data asset and other files.
    But when it comes to mod using OpenIV, In general there are more than 1 file to edit always, which can be confusing for the Normal Users.

So author of that particular mod, may have an option to offer a ease solution to users, he/she may create a Package (as @meimeiriver mentioned ), so this is a readymade package of all the necessary changes to be made to game files.

But Remember, to run the file ending with *.oiv you first need to install OpenIV Tool and assign a correct GTAV Root Directory to it. This is must and one time process only.

Once done installing OpenIV, just double click the *.oiv file you have, which will open with OpenIV tool and will give you an appropriate information window of that mod.

Hope this helps.

If you have further question, please reply and I will try to answer them the best I can. (:

P.S. Other Script based mods (*.asi, *.dll, *.cs etc) don't need to have OpenIV, they need appropriate plugin to run.(e.g. Scripthook, RAGEPlugin etc)

• @ashishcw
    Thanks for all the info. I found out that I didn't have the NIBM menu installed so I installed it. Followed the directions. Then came across this video

which shows that I have the OpeniV file in the correct GTA5 root directory. Then it says to copy the x64g.rpf file from GFSDK_ShadowLib.win64.dll and paste it into the mods folder of the GTA5 root directory. But when I tried to open GFSDK_ShadowLib.win64.dll a waring comes up and says "You are attempting to open a system file .dll" and the I can't open it. So I copied the x64g.rpf file from the GTA5 root directory and pasted it into the mods folder.

Then it says to open OPENiV and select mods/x64g.rpf/levels/gta5/geneeric/cutsobject.rpf, then enter edit mode, select the big green plus sign and then open GTA Modding/GTA V Modeling/IMV Armor Models but I don't have that file.

Then I installed the .oiv files according to this video which I think is from the author of this mod

. After I did this I checked the scripts folder and all the Ironman.dll files appear to be there. But after all of this I still can't load the NBIM Menu with Ctrl+N. And I tried pressing insert like you mentioned earlier but I just get a message on the bottom of the screen saying "wanted level cleared"

I tried to follow these steps for troubleshooting why the NBIM Menu isn't working http://gtaxscripting.blogspot.com/2016/05/ScripthookVDotNet-Troubleshooting.html and it said something about log files. But when I go to my GTA 5 directory there are no log files at all. Not sure if this is good or bad.

Anyways I know this is a lot of information. I really want to get this to work but it seems everything I try just won't make it happen. Hopefully you can point me in the right direction with all the information I posted. Thanks again.

• @ashishcw

Well this is weird. I decided to play the game like normal and was driving, went to shoot my gun while driving and all of the sudden thee NBIM Menu popped up. I then selected the Iron man suite and next thing I know I am running around as Iron man lol.

• @331VEX Lol, so be that accidental solution, but you found the workaround to run the mod. :P Enjoy playing around. :)

• @ashishcw

Thanks again for your help. Out of all the forums I posted for help at this is the only one that people replied from. Cheers.

• @331VEX No Problem buddy, take care and keep playing. :)

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.