gta 5 err_fil_pack_1

• Well, as I said: we culd create a new system, much like the others do with their add-ons.
    Basically, we create a new DLCPACK, drop everything in there that is of the add-on, and have the 2 files point to the new files in the new DLCPACK/ files?

Oh, I added space between the words to create a form of schematic, but the site killed all my formats.

It looked like this originally: http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d54/Kirzillian/2016-12-24 15_38_18-gta 5 err_fil_pack_1 _ GTA5-Mods.com Forums_zpsj1pft0oa.jpg

• @Sammy1970 You know... I was in the process of writing a reply and I can't help but wonder if you're not partly onto something.

If you look at that first image I posted with the 16charger, I wonder what would happen if you created the path dlc.rpf -> common -> data -> 16charger with all the meta files in. And then in x64 created x64 -> levels -> 16charger that had the vehicles and vehiclemods folder inside?

That would mean that instead of having to merge all the meta files, you simply give them a different path in the content.xml and setup2 files, that pointed to exclusive folders for each addon.

Now you've got me thinking... :D

• @LeeC2202 said in gta 5 err_fil_pack_1:

I wonder what would happen if you created the path dlc.rpf -> common -> data -> 16charger with all the meta files in. And then in x64 created x64 -> levels -> 16charger that had the vehicles and vehiclemods folder inside?

Isn't that the usual paths inside a dlc.rpf?

• @Akila_Reigns If you look back at that first image, but at the bottom half, there is no exclusive folder once you are inside the dlc.rpf.

What I am wondering is if instead of having that exclusive name as the folder name in dlcpacks, you can build that inside the dlc.rpf instead, So effectively flipping it on its head.

• Well, as I see it, but I could be wrong, we can drop the whole shabam of an add-on into a new RPF, and have a file in there that would be like the original DLC.RPF, without the game's own data.
    Example:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SMandatoryPacksData>
    <Paths>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\addonpeds</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\ammu</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\offroadbrimspack</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\Vansmods</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\vans123</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\realcars</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\tkmods</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\garrappa6</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\spirit</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\helicopters</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\apollos</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\Scarabee</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\punisher</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\yZPD</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\raid</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\f80</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\rde</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\marr</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\marussia</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\hellcat</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\c7</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\Exp</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\FordHV2</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\dawn</Item>
    <item>dlcpacks:\Wraith</item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\rwdp30</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\elyziumf132</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\avashut</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mhx</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\firet</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\batman</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mk2</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\t90a</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\pl01</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\usmc</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\tunguska</Item>
    </Paths>
    </SMandatoryPacksData>

Then, we have in the original DLCLIST.XML
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<SMandatoryPacksData>
    <Paths>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpBeach</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpBusiness</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpChristmas</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpValentines</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpBusiness2</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpHipster</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpIndependence</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpPilot</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\spUpgrade</Item>
    <Item>platform:\dlcPacks\mpLTS</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpheist</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mppatchesng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday1ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday2ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpchristmas2</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday2bng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday3ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday4ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpluxe</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday5ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpluxe2</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday6ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpreplay</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday7ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mplowrider</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mphalloween</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday8ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpapartment</Item>
    <item>dlcpacks:\mpxmas_604490</item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mplowrider2</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpjanuary2016</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpvalentines2</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday9ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpexecutive</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday10ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpstunt</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday11ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\mpbiker</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\patchday12ng</Item>
    <Item>dlcpacks:\NEWDLC\DLCLIST.XML</Item>
    </Paths>
    </SMandatoryPacksData>
    And we never have to edit this again.
    Unless we have an update, ofc, in which case we add the NEWDLC.RPF and add the line
    <Item>dlcpacks:\NEWDLC\DLCLIST.XML</Item>
    into the DLCLIST.XML.
    We do the same with EXTRATITLEUPDATEDATA.XML.

Each time we add a mod, we will add the data into the NEWDLC.RPF, and write the info needed into the .XLM fils in the NEWDLC.RPF...

• @LeeC2202 Are you saying instead of using common\data\levels\gta5\vehicles.meta,
    use data\vehicles.meta. Or am I wrong?

• @Sammy1970
    Like @LeeC2202 said, editing extratitleupdatedata.meta is nor necessary.
    And BTW,
    Where's mpimportexport and patchday13ng?

• @Akila_Reigns Instead of using common\data\levels\gta5\ you use common\data\16charger and then you just drop all the meta files for that vehicle into that folder. Then just change content.xml to point to that location.

Then when you added a new car, you would have common\data\chiron and drop the meta files for that vehicle in there.

• @Akila_Reigns It was a mere example, as stated.

What i tried to suggest is: make a new .RPF, download an add-on, but we do not add this into DLCPACKS like we used to, but drop this into the .RPF.
    This RPF will hold both .XML files which are updates as normal.
    The ORININALS will only have ONE new line: pointing to the XML files in the .RPF we created.

Doable?

@LeeC2202 I'm afraid I lost you?
    PLS elaborate?

• @LeeC2202 Once I edited the content.xml to load two vehicles.metas, handling.metas etc.
    that didn't work.

But after checking inside the mpimportexport dlc, I'm wondering if that's possible.
    Because this time, the vehiclelayout data are loaded from separate files.

Examples: vehiclelayouts_wastelander.meta, vehiclelayouts_phantombull.meta

So maybe we can just put all the meta files into one dlc.rpf, and write the necessary content.xml lines. I don't know if that would work or not.

• @Akila_Reigns I see what you mean... yeah, so maybe that's not possible then.

@Sammy1970 Sorry, I have a bad habit of thinking out loud onto the screen... I'm used to bouncing ideas off people but the only people I have to bounce them off are anyone unlucky enough to be reading what I write in here. :D

Looks like my idea isn't possible anyway... I think we have to presume that if there was an easier way to do all this, Rockstar would be using it. The problem is, all their meta files etc... will be generated by software, so they never even noticed it as a problem.

• @LeeC2202 And what with my idea, could this work?

• @LeeC2202 That's not what I meant, I think it's possible.
    If you check the importexport dlc, you can see vehiclelayout.meta is devided into parts, like vehiclelayouts_wastelander.meta, as I said above.

So my idea is maybe we can do a similar thing when creating an add-on pack, instead of merging every meta file. :)

• @Sammy1970 I don't think so because you can't put a dlc.rpf into what is already a dlc.rpf... I think that would break the expected path structure.

@Akila_Reigns It would be good if it did work, it would make things easier for sure.

• @LeeC2202 Actually: most .RPF contain .RPF files?

• @Sammy1970 Yes but not of the same name in the first level below the root. If you open any of them, you will usually see the same folder structure directly below the dlc.rpf root level.

• Well, I said earlier, I use that name as example, my friend.
    This RPF name could be for instance MODS.RPF dropped in the DLCPACKS/MODS folder, and the original DLCLIST.RPF would then be:
    <Item>dlcpacks:\MODS\MODS.RPF\DLCLIST.XLM</Item>

Please do not mind the names, these are pure examples. :)
    The IDEA behind this is what keeps me busy.

• @Sammy1970 The dlclist entries can only point to a folder, not the contents of a file inside that folder, that would cause it to not work I suspect.

• @LeeC2202 True, BUT!
    These are inconsistent with a lot of mods.
    THUS... those structures are no necessity?

• @LeeC2202 Ah, bloody hell.
    I was hoping it could work...
    Sadly, I cannot test this stuff right now, as I am at a firm, working on a new network...

Could someone test this real quick lol?

• @Sammy1970 I wish there was an easy way, I suspect I am going to hit the limit soon and that means having no option but to learn how to make addon packs.

I'm afraid I'm neck deep in C# scripting at the moment though, this will have to be a project for another day I am afraid... for me anyway.

• @LeeC2202 I understand, my friend.
    Once i get home (IF I ever get home) I will test this myself...
    Thank you though, brother.

• @LeeC2202 hey man dont worry just look at other packs and add on to those for instance and then try creating ur own

• i faced the same problem so i started to combine dlc's. cars spawn perfectly but i'm not that succesfull at the tuning parts :( any suggestions??

• I got an even easier solution i started getting this error too here is how to fix go to the dlclist.xml file inside there you will find this <Item>dlcpacks:\mpimportexport</Item> delete it then your addon car mods will work fine but it will mean sacrificing the import/export dlc cars but this method will stop the error

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.