[WIP] MenuV - An alternative Menu system for GTAV... hopefully.

• @Unknown-Modder :/ so sad. Is anyone here that would continue/remake this thread? I hate to bypass mods because they use NativeUI

• Damn, I need to fix this and that insane calculations and make a PR on NativeUI's GitHub repo at least.(EDIT: There's much bigger FPS killer in it) And now MenuV is unlikely to be released :weary:

It might be a good idea to make an alternative menu that looks like R* menus If NativeUI has too many issues regarding fps drop and I have enough time to create it.

@kagikn
    My cpp menu has no FPS drop, but it's cpp and not as well-rounded as NativeUI (no instructional buttons and fullscreen scaleform messages).

Also no idea what those conversions do, they don't look that different to mine. Are you sure the FPS problems come from there? It's a bit convoluted with the resolution mapping, but otherwise looks fine.

tbh I'd just remove the whole resolution mapping thing inside the code and just do it at top level where it's converted to relative values the natives use.

• @ikt Actually, I'm not sure my FPS problems come from NativeUI, so I'll test it.
    But I can say that there's no need to calculate ratio (and width) every frame unless the resolution is changed. See this page for const calculations in C#.

@kagikn
    Ah yes, that can/should be done mostly every time the menu is opened, not every single tick.

• I tested NativeUI with my script that can simply show a menu. Now I'm sure it kills my FPS by about 10 when a menu is being showed.

There must be something wrong with NativeUI's code, because the interaction menu that can be used by default hardly, if any, kills FPS.
    Calculating ratio and width every tick seems to hardly kill my FPS, though... (and iirc adding complete unicode support hardly does, fortunately)

I'm interested in how LeeC2202 was trying to create MenuV without killing much FPS (I could inspect the code of ikt's menu, though), I wish he uploaded the code somewhere...

Btw, if I need a C++ menu like the interaction menu, I would use ikt's menu. If I make a new menu like it, I'll make one with C#.
    I should research how menus (Windows, iOS, Android, NativeUI, ikt's GTA V Menu, etc.) are created, though.

• @ikt
    You stand not for every person here. A lot of people got huge FPS problems with NativeUI. Go to page 1 of this here, he started this because it really have FPS problems. Idk whats wrong with your pc, but a chat box spam act like the same to every normal pc. I have a damn 1080Ti overclocked version with a i7 3770k. Idk what you doing, but every bad script like NativeUI, acts the always the same with a - 30FPS drop once a menu of NativeUI is open.

If i join a GT-MP Server with the intergrated NativeUI Menu, then i can froget it. Its not playable with this. Sometimes i have only 27 FPS. What a crap compared to my default frames in about 60-80 FPS.

If i joing a Just Cause 3 Multiplayer server where the mini map bad made script is runing, i got the same problem then. Huge shuttering and only 45 FPS. It gives me cancer. We need a new plugin like this one! Or just a simple C++ menu like Menyoo have.

@MrGTAmodsgerman said in [WIP] MenuV - An alternative Menu system for GTAV... hopefully.:

@ikt
    You stand not for every person here. A lot of people got huge FPS problems with NativeUI. Go to page 1 of this here, he started this because it really have FPS problems. Idk whats wrong with your pc, but a chat box spam act like the same to every normal pc. I have a damn 1080Ti overclocked version with a i7 3770k. Idk what you doing, but every bad script like NativeUI, acts the always the same with a - 30FPS drop once a menu of NativeUI is open.

... what? I never claimed that. I know NativeUI has problems, I just can't find the reason why it would as it does roughly the same stuff as mine.

If i join a GT-MP Server with the intergrated NativeUI Menu, then i can froget it. Its not playable with this. Sometimes i have only 27 FPS. What a crap compared to my default frames in about 60-80 FPS.

Yes, because Guad's NativeUI implementation.

If i joing a Just Cause 3 Multiplayer server where the mini map bad made script is runing, i got the same problem then. Huge shuttering and only 45 FPS. It gives me cancer. We need a new plugin like this one! Or just a simple C++ menu like Menyoo have.

JC3 doesn't have anything to do with this :/ Unless you mean a GT:MP server. Mafins probably uses his "Menya Baes" which can be found on GTAForums. I made a simple-to-use C++ menu too.

FiveM's NativeUI implementation doesn't have these problems, so you can also take a look there @kagikn Though I heard they did it native natively instead of emulating the visuals like Guad/me.

• @ikt
    Sorry for the first qoute, i missunderstand you.

For the JC3 Server, i was not meaning NativeUI exactly. I was mention a also bad made mini map script that acts exactly bad like NativeUI.
    FiveM got these problems too(I was seeing it some time ago) or is it patched?

@MrGTAmodsgerman said in [WIP] MenuV - An alternative Menu system for GTAV... hopefully.:

@ikt
    Sorry for the first qoute, i missunderstand you.

For the JC3 Server, i was not meaning NativeUI exactly. I was mention a also bad made mini map script that acts exactly bad like NativeUI.
    FiveM got these problems too, the same as GT-MP.

Scratch that. FiveM uses a NativeUI port but doesn't experience those problems.

• @ikt Ok. Do you think its possible to port this code? Or do you know any way to fix the NativeUI plugin without needing to rewrite the NativeUI scripts?

• @ikt OK, I'll take a look at FiveM's NativeUI implementation. I've never used FiveM before, and I think I'll need to set up FiveM first to test the implementation, though.

• Calling Enum.GetValues is a major evil of NativeUI, after all. Thanks to ikt's comment, I noticed this fact, though.

• @kagikn Why not call DisableAllControlsThisFrame?

@AHK1221
    Yep, that's the solution. I think kagikn's going to do the PR.

• @AHK1221 Yes, it can be done with DisableAllControlsThisFrame, unless Guadmaz cares about people who use an older SHVDN than v2.5. If he should do, using DISABLE_ALL_CONTROL_ACTIONS would be fine.

• @kagikn no point keeping support for 2.5 people who dont want to update may just as well quit modding

• @ikt Can you tell me what PR in your meaning stands for?

• I made PRs for huge performance optimization and full UTF-8 support (except for line wrapping), on NativeUI. Still, I'm interested in what MenuV is like, though.

• @kagikn Nice man, can you debug it for me?

• Are you guys attempting to finish this mod?

• @MrGlavez finishing this mod? No, currently no. They try to fix NativeUI itself.

• @MrGTAmodsgerman The what-wouldve-been Native UI for the mod?

• @MrGlavez Sorry, i don't get your english. Could you repead your question something different?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.