Is there any way to preview liveries in OpenIV

• Just a quick question while I am creating a livery for a vehicle... is there any way to preview it in OpenIV, or do you have to load the game, spawn the vehicle, change the livery, close the game, edit the livery, save the livery, import into OpenIV, load the game... repeat the process?

• @LeeC2202 not directly. but the game has long loading times. i test my liveries in openiv by renaming all liveries to the same name. for example i do all liveries with gimp so i export to tobsicred_sign_1. then i copy the file in the ytd of the car and look at it by opening the yft file. all my liveries are stored in one gimp file, so i choose the second unmark the first, export again as sign1 and so on. and when i have over 6 liveries i make the rest ready and start the game one time to see if all 10 liveries are correct. hope this helps a bit

• @TobsiCred Ah right, so OpenIV will show the first livery? It's probably because the vehicle I am editing had a completely blank livery texture, that I didn't realise you could do that.

Thank you, if I can do that it will help a lot as I can set mine as the default livery anyway.

This was answered recently here: http://gtaforums.com/topic/875324-changing-liveries-gta-v/

"There is no such feature in OpenIV. "

Edit: the other replies weren't loaded when I posted this... :/

• @LeeC2202 :sweat_smile: yes my first livery is always blank too, for paint:1 support. all my vehicles i add paint:3 material to have livery and normal ingame colors. yes if i do my livery on sign1 i can see it in openiv

• @Jitnaught Yeah, I presumed someone else would have had the same problem, I just didn't find it on here.

I don't really like that forum, so I thought asking here might also provide an answer for the people on this forum as well. :slight_smile:

@TobsiCred said in Is there any way to preview liveries in OpenIV:

@LeeC2202 :sweat_smile: yes my first livery is always blank too, for paint:1 support.

Yeah, I suppose one livery has to be blank somewhere thinking about it. I haven't messed with liveries at all, so it's one more GTAV modding aspect where I am at noob level. :D

• @LeeC2202 "dont really like that forum" lee... i like you :laughing: gta5mods is also my main forum :thumbsup: do you release your livery on the main site or is it for private use only?

• Hey is there a way to rip out livery/textures like paint jobs for vehicles and also vehicle bodykit parts to

• @Bjh1986Ohio If you have a question, start a thread for that question... don't hijack other people's threads.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.