Welcome to the GTA5-Mods.com community forums!

• @rappo I see people asking for bigger signatures... is there a way that we can hide them from being displayed?

I get that people like to have that information in there but all I want to see is the text in the comment, so having a "Hide Signatures" option would be great for improving the readability. Nothing worse than trying to find the single line responses in the middle of a bunch of 10 line signatures.

I know that might seem like a party-pooper suggestion but as a modder, relevant information is more important than personal stuff.

• @LeeC2202 I don't think that's an option, sorry. You could use a browser extension like AdBlock to help you block elements on screen. If it helps, the selector to block would be .post-signature

• @rappo No worries, just thought I would ask.

Edit: I do actually use uBlock Origin and that worked. Much better. :)

Double-Edit: Scrap that moment of happiness, it has to be done for each individual signature. :(

• @LeeC2202 I just tried out uBlock Origin. When you're creating the new block, it puts some code dimmed out in the bottom right-hand corner. Hover your mouse over it to see it better. I attached a screenshot below of what I'm talking about. Change the contents of the box to only say ###content .post-signature and that will block the signature on every post.

alt text

• @rappo Ah right, I had just posted on their support page as I couldn't figure that out. I can write code in various languages, but I just can't understand website-speak. Thank you for that.

Edit: That works great. It's amazing how much useful text you can fit on one page when the rest is removed. Thanks again rappo

• @LeeC2202 No problem! If you ever need to adjust it or create one of your own, the topic you can research is "CSS Selectors" :slight_smile:

• I never knew this existed! So glad to see it.

• I kind of like having the signatures enabled. Nevertheless, it's a great implementation that I was not aware of. A job well done, @rappo.

• @Hyper-Droid If people had single line sigs, I wouldn't mind. But when they start listing every component in their PC case/on their desk, along with numerous site links and "humorous" comments and maybe a picture, they have to go.

If a site could be configured so that in the first post they made in a thread, their sig would appear and then in every following post it wouldn't, that would be okay... in fact, that would be my idea of the perfect forum.

I have never actually noticed whether it affects the number of pages in a thread. For this thread, I see < 1 2 3 4 > at the bottom, how many pages do you see?

Edit: In hindsight, that probably didn't go down well with anyone who does all that, I just have no idea who those people are, because this is what I see on this page.

alt text

• I just noticed the forum - my bad for not noticing before hand, I love it already, I take its made with Discourse?

• @Soul02 welcome to the forum. better late than never. and i have no idea . what its made with. i guess others, or rappo would tell you soon.

• @FoxtrotDelta - thanks mate, I have ran a few forums in my time mostly IPB and vB but this is awesome and I have been hearing good stuff about Discourse (https://try.discourse.org/) sure it is a version of that. Anyways even if it's not, still a great job on it :)

• @Soul02 yes,i must say. i love this forum ! its clearly very neat , and handy. compared to other gta 5 forums. this is the best one.

• @Frazzlee said in Welcome to the GTA5-Mods.com community forums!:

https://nodebb.org/

that is what this forum uses?

• @Soul02 Thanks for the kind words! @Frazzlee is correct, this forum uses NodeBB.

• @rappo Yeah thats true. this forum is the only one I'm using and ever used. All other like reddit or I think it was the gtainside forum or so are just to complicated...

• @rappo said in Welcome to the GTA5-Mods.com community forums!:

@Soul02 Thanks for the kind words! @Frazzlee is correct, this forum uses NodeBB.

Oooo... never heard of this one, thanks and the same to you @Frazzlee :)

• @rappo Love the new design!

• @Akila_Reigns Just updated the NodeBB version - you can thank them! :laughing:

• @rappo some things look cooler, for example my PM BOX

• @rappo I see some new features in the forum, can you tell what's new and updated?

• @Akila_Reigns the ones i noticed so far are:

1. you can put an image in your signature, make a personalized banner etc.
    2. Mark a Topic with a Question | Solved? / Unsolved?

• I seem to have lost the ability to display a list of people in the thread, when you start to tag someone. :(

• @LeeC2202 might be internet speed.

• @FoxtrotDelta I can't tell if that was serious or not. :\

Okay... this is bizarre, I tried to tag you and nothing appeared, so I switched to full-screen and any typing I had done disappeared off screen. So I clicked the screen, everything came back, including the tag-list. Came out of full-screen and the tag-list is back.

LOL, what a ziarre day this is turning out to be... I've just had green skies in GTAV with no graphics mods... I'm going back to bed. :D

Edit: No, there's definitely something odd going on, the only way I can get it to appear, is by switching to full-screen and then back to normal... how odd.

Hmmm... I think it's appearing off the bottom of the screen.

0_1483973122586_tag-list.png

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.