gta v modded cars online

• Hello everyone,
    I have done some research online and have no found an answer, is it possible. to install a car mod such as the gtr , and play with it online?

• @richiehill87 Here is no support for any type of online modding.

@Kwebbl Actually, the rules only state that online modding with the intent of cheating is not allowed. However, people will generally stay away from the topics on the basis that there is always a risk of a ban and nobody wants to be responsible for someone getting a ban.

@richiehill87 I would always assume that anything that modifies game files is a ban risk. The safest bet is to stay with a clean game for online and mod for offline only.

• @richiehill87 Try researching FiveM/FiveReborn.
    I have never used it, but I think this is how you see people online with mods.
    Hope this is what you're looking for:

https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/fivereborn

• @Namie243 said in gta v modded cars online:

FiveReborn

Is this FiveReborn what I think it is?! Like a way to run your private GTA V 'Online'?! Looks like it, from the description. Over 4 AM here now, so I'll delve deeper into it tomorrow, but this looks wicked! :)

• Hi,

From what I can tell, I think so yes :D You know when you see YouTubers on their own modded server. They talk about using FiveReborn.

I never knew it was on this site, until I read the post and looked haha
    Enjoy!

• @Namie243 said in gta v modded cars online:

Hi,

From what I can tell, I think so yes :D You know when you see YouTubers on their own modded server. They talk about using FiveReborn.

I never knew it was on this site, until I read the post and looked haha
    Enjoy!

It looks real great! From what I can tell, though, there are a few limitations that bummed me out a bit. For one, you can't run your 'own' scripts, like Menyoo (likely because ScriptHookV disables itself when it detects Online mode). Which means it's all 'replace-only'.

So, that means none of the regular trainers/tools; and I'm not even sure how you will spawn a car/ped without (though I'm sure Rockstar added a native way of doing so).

They also say to "Run the file and select your GTA 5 directory," and that downloads will commence. Not sure if that means messing up your current install. All things I need to find out. :)

Still, I think this is worth giving a try.

• @meimeiriver Whoah just wait up, I'll send a link to a video with the time, so you can see a mod menu working in FiveReborn...

Maybe you can identify this menu at 21:00?? They're on their own FiveReborn server.

@meimeiriver I don't know if you've seen any topics where I have posted the two-folder solution for modded and clean versions of GTAV. You could extend that to three folders and have one for this as well.... if you've got the HD space.

• @LeeC2202 So you would have 2 different mod folders that you could choose from? Simply by placing in the one you want.

@Namie243 Yeah, that's basically it.

I suppose in theory, you could have as many as you wanted (and have got space for), it just makes it more tricky to remember which one you have active.

• @Namie243 That menu he's using is Simple Trainer.

You can install ASI mods on a FiveReborn server by putting it in the fivereborn\plugins folder. At least that's what I read here.

• @Namie243 Wow! Strange! I read about the disabling on their forum itself, from the boss-man himself even:

How can i add things like menyoo or map editor into my private server?

Thank you for the info, though! :)

• @LeeC2202 said in gta v modded cars online:

@meimeiriver I don't know if you've seen any topics where I have posted the two-folder solution for modded and clean versions of GTAV. You could extend that to three folders and have one for this as well.... if you've got the HD space.

Yeah, I had a already done so for the 'Vanilla' version, to play Online. :)

@Namie243 Yeah, that's basically it.

I suppose in theory, you could have as many as you wanted (and have got space for), it just makes it more tricky to remember which one you have active.

I would like to point out, in this regard, that there's apparently a bug in OpenIV which prevents you from browsing inside .rpf files when using Juctions (the kind created with 'mklink /j'). For some reason, OpenIV bypasses the Junction for these archives, and tries to read the underlying directory for them, which then no longer point to 'Grand Theft Auto V'.

This is easily circumvented, though, just by pointing OpenIV to the real directory to begin with, like (in my case):

"I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GTA V Modded"

Just so ppl don't freak out when their OpenIV don't work no more. :P

@meimeiriver I don't seem to have that problem. You can see in the image below, I have renamed the original mods folder as mods-direct. The mods folder that is there with the arrow on it is on a different drive and I can browse into the rpf files fine.

I used to do it like this because I had GTAV in two operating systems, so it meant I could share mods folders between both installs. I now have two different versions for testing purposes, so I can't do that any more.

Then again, I might not be using junctions... I can never remember the difference, I just have a context menu option called HardLinkShell that I set them up with... they're actually symbolic links thinking about it.

0_1487260008369_symlink.png

• @LeeC2202 This is most interesting! The batch file I'm using goes like:

rmdir "I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V"
        mklink /j "I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V" "I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GTA V Modded"
        pause

Maybe I should stop using Junctions then? :) (I.e., just using /d instead)

@meimeiriver There seems to be three types, so now I'm completely confused. :D I would be lying if I said "Yeah, use /d instead" because I have never created them like that.

My links are always in place and this shell makes it dead easy to create them. You can see I have one in place for my scripts folder as well, that's because my game is on an SSD, so to avoid repeated writes when I update my scripts, I have those on a normal HD somewhere else.

• @LeeC2202 I'm lazy. :) I create batch files, so I don't constantly have to create manual softlinks each time.

@meimeiriver There seems to be three types, so now I'm completely confused. :D I would be lying if I said "Yeah, use /d instead" because I have never created them like that.

FYI, the reason I initially used Junctions (/j) is because a Junction is basically a new 'directory' entry into the file system, whereas a symbolic link is just a locallly substituted thing. On the same system, you normally hardly notice the difference, of course. But a Junction (as it just creates an entry into the file system) can be done directly, whereas creating a symbolic link requires elevated privileges (aka, 'Run as Administrator').

P.S. Even a symbolic link created with /d causes OpenIV to bulk:

fubarred still

• It's seems I'm unable to reproduce your issues.
    I have created two links (one with /D and other with /J ) and they both worked fine, I was able to open archives inside those folder.
    Obviously, you need create links when OpenIV is closed.

If you have, please provide the exact steps to reproduce.

• @GooD-NTS That's strange. The steps to recreate are simple:

1. create a batch file like this:

rmdir "I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V"
       mklink /j "I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto V" "I:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\GTA V Modded"
       pause

2. Start OpenIV, and point it to the "Grand Theft Auto V" link. Then the problem will occur.

Also, maybe it's the drive letter? I mean, maybe something defaults to C: along the way? Are you sure you tried it on something else than C: drive?

Anyway, thanks for this really good program! Without it, this site, and I'm sure others like it, would not exist!

mm

• Yeah, I see. You make game directory as link, I've tried with some folder inside game directory.
    With the game directory I was able to reproduce the issue.

• @GooD-NTS said in gta v modded cars online:

Yeah, I see. You make game directory as link, I've tried with some folder inside game directory.
    With the game directory I was able to reproduce the issue.

Yeah, the reason I substitute the game directory, of course, is because sometimes I want "Grand Theft Auto V" to point to my modded install, and at other times to the vanilla install (for when I want to play Online), without STEAM freaking out on me. :)

P.S. This is a low-priority matter, far as I'm concerned; but if you ever have some spare time, and get it resolved, that would be really great.

• @GooD-NTS While I have you on the line, as it were, this is a far more egregious error (bug?):

binfile error

This occurs many times, when you start OpenIV, for no apparent reason. Then you have to close OpenIV, and reopen it again (and sometimes a few times in a row).

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.