Porsche 918 woes!

Hmm,. porting this car to my own compound DLC now, and I just noticed what may if not be the cause of trouble I've been having with this car, then at least an error. It has no txdRelationships definition in vehicles.metal; just a single (unopened):

<txdRelationships />

I vaguely recall some Microft browser stuff silently accepts/ignores those kind of closed-only XML statements, so that may be okay; but, more importantly, what is supposed to be in that <txdRelationships> entry?!

• @meimeiriver From what I have seen, that controls when an addon is using parts of another vehicle, typically a vanilla vehicle. I see it a lot with interiors or vehshare properties. Not sure if it controls things like dials settings.

• I hit a snag tonight that I will share with you because it affected my addons in a major way. I just haven't quite narrowed down the specifics yet.

None of my addons would show their tuning parts, which didn't really bother me but I was curious as to why not. My settings for the content.xml and setups2.xml were based on the addon base folders.

I have another pack that I was shared by another modder and I noticed that the settings were very different in a lot of respects. So I modified my content.xml and setup2.xml files based on them and suddenly, a lot of my addons had functional (visible) tuning parts.

I will PM the files I am using (probably tomorrow... sorry, later now as it's 4:20am) so you can compare them with what you have got, because if you're working with the same base files, you might get the same problem. I suspect some are still wrong because of the modkitIDs clashing but getting even some working takes the rest of the problems out of the equation.

@LeeC2202 Thx. :) Yeah, I found a Porsche 911. I think I'm going to use those txdRelationships settings. Or vehicles_banshee_interior, perhaps, as that seemed to be used a lot too, for these kind of cars.

• @meimeiriver If you get any right-hand drive cars, let me know as I have a good source for fixing any that get the warp-in bug, or the warp-out catastrophe. There seems to be a few about, but fortunately, there was one that works. :slight_smile:

@LeeC2202 Thank you! :) If I could upvote you twice, I would!

• @meimeiriver Sorry... meant to say as well, if there are no txtRelationships, it's probably for a reason. Don't add them, or it might break the interior. I have that 918 and it doesn't need that entry.

Sorry, I got distracted... it's too late now... will catch up later, time for :sleeping:

@LeeC2202 said in Porsche 918 woes!:

I hit a snag tonight that I will share with you because it affected my addons in a major way. I just haven't quite narrowed down the specifics yet.

None of my addons would show their tuning parts, which didn't really bother me but I was curious as to why not. My settings for the content.xml and setups2.xml were based on the addon base folders.

I have another pack that I was shared by another modder and I noticed that the settings were very different in a lot of respects. So I modified my content.xml and setup2.xml files based on them and suddenly, a lot of my addons had functional (visible) tuning parts.

I will PM the files I am using (probably tomorrow... sorry, later now as it's 4:20am) so you can compare them with what you have got, because if you're working with the same base files, you might get the same problem. I suspect some are still wrong because of the modkitIDs clashing but getting even some working takes the rest of the problems out of the equation.

I really appreciate this! :)

Meanwhile, got the 918 added (without any txdRelationships).

P.S. I keep expecting my combi DLC to crash, after every car I add. :) But it doesn't. Slowly moving all my (previously) 19 add-on cars in there. I figure it's always best offload then to compound DLC, so as not to get anywhere near those err-fill errors; and to make room for potential new DLC's by Rockstar, which will have to be loaded too, of course.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.