[VEHICLE][WIP]F-14A Tomcat

• OMG!!! I won't be sleeping till new F14 Release Day!!!
    Sky you're big bro!!!

• A few previews of the awesome F-14A XD,this is the beta version skyline gave me for getting the missiles to work so the final product might be slightly different from the picture
    alt text
    alt text
    alt text

• Wow, so freaking sexy! The Tomcat is still one of my favorite fighters of all time!

• @Oskar I'm an Eagle fan myself. @SkylineGTRFreak which parts are from the model I bought?

• @Elope

Hey Elope, can I ask what Enb mod do you use??

• @duration The effect is mainly because of this Reshade :D :https://www.gta5-mods.com/misc/tet-s
    Then I've got some Timecycle and ENB edited (played around) by myself :P Not something great so I'll just skip sharing that XD

• No rush or anything but when might this mod be released?

• It's done, finished, finito. I love playing with this, it looks and flies awesome. Now just waiting for @CamxxCore 's script to have the wings work automatically and I can upload it :D

alt text

alt text

alt text

alt text

• @SkylineGTRFreak Looks so awesome :D The script is pretty much done. Unfortunately I have to run so I can't really do the amount of bug testing that I would like to. It feels stable but you just never know with these things. Maybe try for yourself and see if you notice any problems.. Sometimes the different perspective can help. If there is a problem I will get on and fix it later tonight..
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/8zo81o3nfv1aao8/WingScript.rar?dl=0

• @CamxxCore it's not bound to just 1 aircraft is it? would we be able to use it with any aircraft we want? and which dummies does it move?

Huge Thanks From my side!

• @FoxtrotDelta It uses two methods to achieve universal compatibility. First it does what we discussed above (checks for the "wing_script" bone/ dummy index) secondly, it checks the list of hashes in the config file. And it toggles the two rear doors, whatever those are named.

• @SkylineGTRFreak Textures Look very Nice, how do you trun the front wheels while having two rudders? no Steering_wheel inside cockpit?

• @CamxxCore Thanks a lot :D Like @FoxtrotDelta said, is there a specific dummy which we have to name to enable this script?

Edit, nvm. Was too slow :D

Edit 2: @FoxtrotDelta in handling.meta, just use this:
    <strModelFlags>0</strModelFlags>

• Edit 2: @FoxtrotDelta in handling.meta, just use this:
    <strModelFlags>0</strModelFlags>

I See Thanks :D !! waiting for the release . looks awesome @SkylineGTRFreak

• @CamxxCore okay, so I put that dummy in there and added the hash, but all that happened was that I heard the doors open upon spawning the aircraft, but they behaved like normal doors and wiggled back and forward when braking/acclerating (even if just slowly). Spawning a second plane or fixing the current one didn't do anything :/

• @SkylineGTRFreak try restricing the movement of the dummy, RotX=0, 0 Roty=0, 0 RotZ=0, 0
    also SlideX=0, 0 SlideY=0, 0 SlideZ=0, 0 in user defined options.

• @FoxtrotDelta that's not the problem, as they work fine when opening them with a trainer for example. I'm more wondering why this only works on the plane I first spawn and not on the ones after.
    Also, if I disabled the rotation, then they wouldn't move at all :P

• @SkylineGTRFreak i thought the external script would move the dummy no matter what. and besides those are just wings as door dummies, why would you want them moving moving back and forth. restricting them. won't let them move at all. but the script can move them right?
    May be i am wrong.

• @FoxtrotDelta as far as I know, or at least what I imagined it to be is that the script opens the door and closes it according to the speed. So you still have to set the rotation angles and everything, the script "just" toggles open or closed state. Same way it worked on the old F-14D.

• @SkylineGTRFreak hmm, i understand now. Thanks for clerification.

• @SkylineGTRFreak Okay not good. Always fun when things work on one side but not the other D: Just to clarify, the wings behave the same as with the F14-D right? Because that is what I have been using for testing. Also have to ask... is your scripthook updated/ working okay and.. any error in the log?

• @CamxxCore This is weird... This is based off the old Tomcat mod, so part and hierarchy wise it's almost identical. Hmm... Scripthook is the newest version, so is Scripthook .NET.
    Just to make sure I did everything correctly:

-Put your files into the GTAV/scripts folder
    -Added the hash for "f14a" (model name) into the .ini file
    -Put a dummy called wing_script in the top of the hierarchy

f14a.yft
    ->chassis
    ---->wing_script
    ---->rudder_2
    ---->rudder
    etc...

Edit: Or should the wings/doors be inside the dummy?

Edit 2: and would it be possible to use the Rocket Voltics engine effects as afterburners? IMO they look better than the Lazer's afterburner effects

• Thought I could step the game up and use 8192x8192 textures... But game says NO! Or rather OpenIV. Corrupts the .ytd when I add them. And if I have add them into a seperate f14a_hi.ytd the game somehow doesn't read them.

• @SkylineGTRFreak yea i have got to use that resolution for mig 35 textures too. I will do it tonight. I think it should be possible. Openiv shows it. Haven't spawned in game yet

• @FoxtrotDelta it works if I do a seperate .ytd with only the body textures, but then the cockpit textures and everything else is missing. When I put the high res textures into the main .ytd and save it, many textures are corrupted when re-opening the .ytd. Maybe someone with a more powerful PC is able to save it properly, but idk..

Edit: ok I'm dumb, I named it f14a_hi.ytd when it should be f14a+hi.ytd. However, it spawns for a split second, then crashes with "ERR_STR_FAILURE_3" :/

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.