Why do some scripthook mods work and some don't?

• Banned

MANY of Jedijosh's mods work
    All trainers work
    OpenAllInteriors works

I make sure no hotkeys are duplicated (this is a pain in the ass since every modder seems obsessed with using J of F11)

... but many mods don't work. I can pick any script based mod they don't work. It doesn't matter if they're in /scripts - some need the main folder; neither work. The INIs are fine, everything enabled. DLLs fine, not being blocked by antivirus.

I maintain, my setup must be fine if several mods work (default Native trainer; Jedijosh's trainer; Weapons on Back)

Some mods simply don't work (Gangmod, Three Man Army)

• @BikerJohnny said in Why do some scripthook mods work and some don't?:

All of Jedijosh's mods work

Some mods simply don't work (Gangmod, Three Man Army)

Ok, now I am confused... all of Jedijosh's mods work, but Gangmod & Three Man Army, which are both by Jedijosh don't work? You can see how that looks confusing.

You don't say how they don't work, do they crash, do they generate any errors?

Perhaps if you clarify whether all of Jedijosh's mods do work, then answer the second question, we might have a better idea of what exactly is hapening.

• Banned

I knew someone would nitpick ;) I have edited the OP to fully reflect the situation.

Thank you for replying.

No errors generated. No crashes. I would have said so. It's like they're not there. I don't know how else to explain that - they don't work! They don't trigger, the desired result does not occur.

They are installed exactly as specified (I even leave comments when this is ambiguous), and I make sure keymappings etc. do not overlap. If they have a hotkey - it doesn't do anything. If they don't need a key to work - fine, but there is no evidence in game of the mod working (BetterRadio for example should be very obvious)

Overall, my game is modded as trainers work, ENB Series reshading works, a couple mods do work.

I have MS .net installed and up to date; I have even reinstalled GTAV this week to try to solve. I've set folder permissions to full (Scripts was originally read-only) and I have turned off my antivirus.

Some others that don't work:

BulletKnockback
    Automatic slowmo
    FallOutSanAndreas
    LowLifeCrime
    Better Chases
    BulletImpact
    OnFootCinematicCam

Here is some of the content of ScriptHookV.log - it's only seeing certain mods, these are the only lines that list the scripts, as you can see above I expect more

[09:55:37] INIT: Started
    [09:55:37] INIT: Success, game version is VER_1_0_944_2_STEAM
    [09:55:37] INIT: Registering script 'Ambiance.asi' (0x00007FFD17736AA0)
    [09:55:37] INIT: Registering script 'NativeTrainer.asi' (0x00007FFD12F8A3C0)
    [09:55:38] INIT: Registering script 'OpenInteriors.asi' (0x00007FFD0EFBB950)
    [09:55:38] INIT: Registering script 'PCTrainerV.asi' (0x00007FFD06D81270)

• @BikerJohnny What you see as nitpicking, I consider essential to determining where the problem lies. If we don't know the exact situation, we can't diagnose the problem, so we have to question everything, especailly information that seems contradictory... that's just how diagnostics work.

ScriptHookV doesn't run scripts, so there should be nothing in the ScriptHookV log with regards to that. ScriptHookV runs ScriptHookVDotNet.asi and that runs the scripts.

And as you can see from your logs, ScriptHookVDotNet.asi is not there... and that is why no scripts work. Do you have https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/scripthookv-net installed and all the prerequisites?

Here is the top of my ScriptHookV.log

// GTA V SCRIPT HOOK (build Dec 15 2016, v1.0.944.2)
    // (C) Alexander Blade 2015-2016
    [16:20:29] INIT: Started
    [16:20:29] INIT: Success, game version is VER_1_0_944_2_NOSTEAM
    [16:20:29] INIT: Registering script 'mpimportexport.asi' (0x000007FED97D1220)
    [16:20:29] INIT: Registering script 'ScriptHookVDotNet.asi' (0x000007FED86B14A0)
    [16:20:29] INIT: Registering script 'TrainerV.asi' (0x000007FED8408B40)

• Banned

Hmm based on what you said I found out scripthookvdotnet.asi was 0KB

I can chalk that up to Windows 10... I have had it before.

I reinstalled after lowering my security settings and stuff is working now.

Thank you!

It may be worth mentioning the Win 10 security issues in one of the FAQs. I have helped users in the past with it

Basically
    http://superuser.com/questions/149056/disable-these-files-might-be-harmful-to-your-computer-warning

Thanks for your help I should be good from here :)

• @BikerJohnny I had seen something before about users having to unblock dll files in Windows 10 but I hadn't seen that one before, so that's good info to know, thank you. I do run an install of Windows 10 but because I only use my own script mods, I've never had any of these problems... fingers-crossed. :D

Glad you got it all working anyway but if you do have more problems, there's always someone around who will help. :slight_smile:

• Banned

Thanks dude. Just had an hour session and everything is great.

Yeah, I had it on my last build of Windows 10 Pro, it's a "Feature", basically if a DLL is detected "from another computer" it will quarantine it; but the .INI and any files in the ZIP with it are rendered 0KB, you don't notice unless you open up the INI or right click properties

I've answered a few threads fixing it, I had this on my last install of Windows!!

There's a screeny here that makes it make sense:

https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/1040/most-mods-don-t-work/9

I guess the lesson for me is - fix it once, become aware of it in future !!

Thanks for your help :)

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.