All Asi plugins work perfectly but nothing else !

• Hi Everyone.

Does anyone know how to fix this ?
    Whenever I install a .ASI plugin everything is fine but when I use a DLL script such as map editor for example nothing happens. Same for the mod that gives planes the speed of sound and quite a few others I have tried.
    I have the Asi Loader installed I have Scripthook V and the Scripthook V dot net.
    Also got all the necessary updates for Visual CC and so on.
    But whenever I install any mods that go into the Scripts folder nothing happens.

Any help will be greatly appreciated !

@HueyPilot0014 Show the contents of ScriptHookV.log please.

• GTA V SCRIPT HOOK (build Dec 15 2016, v1.0.944.2)
    // (C) Alexander Blade 2015-2016
    [16:08:05] INIT: Started
    [16:08:05] INIT: Success, game version is VER_1_0_944_2_NOSTEAM
    [16:08:05] INIT: Registering script 'AdvancedGravityGun.asi' (0x000007FEE53F6870)
    [16:08:05] INIT: Registering script 'EnhancedNativeTrainer.asi' (0x000007FEE1282750)
    [16:08:05] INIT: Registering script 'NorthYankton.asi' (0x000007FEE5233850)
    [16:08:12] INIT: Pool 1 extended
    [16:08:12] INIT: Pool 2 extended
    [16:08:12] INIT: Pool 3 extended
    [16:08:12] INIT: Pool 4 extended
    [16:08:18] INIT: GtaThread collection size 188
    [16:08:18] INIT: wnd proc 0x00000000FFFF035D
    [16:08:18] INIT: IDXGISwapChain 0x000007FEF8625AE0 (0x000007FEF864B2F8)
    [16:08:18] INIT: IDXGISwapChain set
    [16:08:18] INIT: DX init started
    [16:08:18] INIT: DX feature level B000
    [16:08:18] INIT: DX init succeeded
    [16:09:29] CORE: Requesting thread creation
    [16:09:29] CORE: Creating threads
    [16:09:30] CORE: Started control thread, id 31 active 1
    [16:09:30] CORE: Started thread 'AdvancedGravityGun.asi' (0x000007FEE53F6870), id 32 active 1
    [16:09:30] CORE: Started thread 'EnhancedNativeTrainer.asi' (0x000007FEE1282750), id 33 active 1
    [16:09:30] CORE: Started thread 'NorthYankton.asi' (0x000007FEE5233850), id 34 active 1
    [16:09:30] CORE: Launching main() for 'AdvancedGravityGun.asi' (0x000007FEE53F6870), id 32
    [16:09:30] CORE: Launching main() for 'EnhancedNativeTrainer.asi' (0x000007FEE1282750), id 33
    [16:09:30] CORE: Launching main() for 'NorthYankton.asi' (0x000007FEE5233850), id 34

... Edited for clarity, hope you don't mind - LeeC2202

[16:10:14] UNINIT: Unregistering script 'EnhancedNativeTrainer.asi'
    [16:10:14] UNINIT: Unregistering script 'AdvancedGravityGun.asi'

@HueyPilot0014 Ok, first, I hope you don't mind me editing your post, it makes the important content easier to see.

The one thing missing from that post, is ScriptHookVDotNet.asi and that's why your scripts aren't loading.

Are you using Windows 10 by any chance?

• Oh no problem at all edit away please !
    But no I'm using windows 7 and the scripthook.asi is in my gta 5 folder.

@HueyPilot0014 If you right-click your scripthookvdotnet.asi file and go to properties, how big does it say the file is?

I asked about Windows 10 as I had the exact same problem with another user yesterday, and the cause was Windows 10's security settings.

• Get back to you on that tommorow ! In bed already so good night !

@HueyPilot0014 No problem, sleep well. :D

• Good morning !

I checked and the file is 971 Kilobytes.
    So is it any good ? haha.

@HueyPilot0014 Yeah, that's the right size. And it's the latest version of 2.9.4 as well is it? Version 2.9.3 was the same size... I just wanted to make sure it wasn't the 0KB problem others had been having.

Try removing the AdvancedGravityGun.asi and NorthYankton.asi mods. I don't know anything about them, so it's worth seeing if they are affecting anything.

I take it you have got the .Net Framework 4.5.2 installed? I know you mentioned the Visual C++, so I have to ask that, just to make sure.

• Yes I just reinstalled version 2.9.4 so that`s definitely the right one !

I will remove both those mods and try it then so I will let you know what happens !

And yes I have the newest .Net framework and Visual C++ same story !

And I should mention that I`m using the mod version of update.rpf by OpenIV does that matter as wel ? Because I have one Add-on Helicopter installed.

@HueyPilot0014 said in All Asi plugins work perfectly but nothing else !:

And I should mention that I`m using the mod version of update.rpf by OpenIV does that matter as wel ? Because I have one Add-on Helicopter installed

That's fine... that's how it should be run.

• Removing the mods did not help so I`m trying to update .Net and visual C++ again to see if it helps.

• Updated everything again still no go....
    Do you mean I should also use open IV to install any new scripts such as map editor ? This is just copy and paste into the script folder right ?

@HueyPilot0014 No, sorry, you don't need OpenIV to install scripts, I was just saying that using the mods folder with OpenIV is the best way to run things. Scripts you can just copy and paste into the folder.

I've got to go offline for a while now, I will try and think of what else might be causing the problem. I must say in all honesty, my ideas are starting to run thin, because you have covered all the obvious options.

• Ah yes I see what you mean now !
    Appreciate youre trying to help to bad neither of us can figure out the problem haha. Only thing I can think of is a complete re install of the game but I have to admit that Im not very happy about this idea.
    But I will keep checking in here to see if you or anyone else has more ideas ! Would really appreciate it since there are tons of mods I would love to try.......

• Any way you fixed this?

@HueyPilot0014 Best option is to post an image of your game folder if possible. You're running the same retail version as I am, so I can compare the files in the main directory to see if anything stands out as being wrong in any way.

• I think I found out the problem I am running a cracked version.

@Chouhdry Then go somewhere else with the problem, we don't support pirates on this site.

@HueyPilot0014 Here's what I made of those images... you have several files that belong in the scripts folder (marked in green) and some that are for developers so don't need to be in the game folder at all (marked in red).

0_1488145361105_folder.png

I also noticed you have different .asi files in there that are not the same as the ones in your earlier log. lua.asi is there which wasn't mentioned before.

My next step, seeing as you have done very little in you main folder, would be to remove dinput8.dll, asiloader.log, openiv.asi & openiv.log (you might want to turn your file extensions on to see log files properly), scripthookv.dll & log and scripthookvdotnet.asi. Plus all those files marked in green and red.

Copy your scripts and mods folder (including the backups for mods folder) somewhere safe (then delete them from the game folder) and do a file verification on your files. If you haven't done that before, I can tell you how to do that... that will save you doing a full reinstall and it will get you a completely clean set of files back. Once you have done that, you need to run the game and make sure that everything is okay in the clean state.

After that, download new versions of ScriptHookV and ScriptHookVDotNet, just to make sure that again, you have guaranteed clean files. Out of those two archives, you only need to install dinput8.dll, scripthookv.dll and scripthookvdotnet.asi. Run the game again and check to see if scripthookdotnet.asi is in your scripthookv.log file. Don't make any mods folders or scripts folders up to this point, they are not necessary.

If scripthookvdotnet.asi shows in your log files, make a scripts folder and install a simple script. If you're not sure of which one, take the text from my next post and paste it into a text file called FPSDisplay.cs, then copy that file into your scripts folder. You must make sure you can see file extensions and that the filename is exactly as written. If it doesn't end in .cs, it won't run.

using System;
    using System.Drawing;
    using GTA;
    using GTA.Native;

namespace FPSDisplay
    {
        class FPSDisplay : Script
        {
            private int CurrentGameTime;
            private int ElapsedGameTime;
            private int LastGameTime;

private UIText FPSText = new UIText("", new Point(0, 0), .5f);
            private UIText ClockText = new UIText("", new Point(600, 0), .5f);

private int FPSCounter = 0;
            private int FPSTimer = 0;

public FPSDisplay()
            {
                Tick += onTick;
                Interval = 0;
                FPSText.Outline = true;
                ClockText.Outline = true;
            }

private void onTick(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                CurrentGameTime = Game.GameTime;
                ElapsedGameTime = CurrentGameTime - LastGameTime;
                LastGameTime = CurrentGameTime;

int _hours = Function.Call<int>(Hash.GET_CLOCK_HOURS);
    			int _minutes = Function.Call<int>(Hash.GET_CLOCK_MINUTES);
    			int _seconds = Function.Call<int>(Hash.GET_CLOCK_SECONDS);
    			ClockText.Caption = string.Format("{0:00}:{1:00}:{2:00}", _hours, _minutes, _seconds);
    			ClockText.Draw();

FPSTimer += ElapsedGameTime;
                FPSCounter++;

if (FPSTimer >= 1000)
                {
                    FPSText.Caption = "FPS: " + FPSCounter.ToString();
                    FPSTimer -= 1000;
                    FPSCounter = 0;
                }
                FPSText.Draw();
            }
        }
    }

• Tanks for sticking with me on this one am glad with all the help.
    So I moved and deleted all the files you said can you please tell me how to verify the files as you mentioned ?

@HueyPilot0014 Go to your Start Menu and find the Grand Theft Auto V shortcut. Right-click it and drag it onto your desktop and choose Create shortcut here when you release the right button. If you already have a shortcut on your desktop, make a copy of that one instead.

Right-click the shortcut and choose properties. In the top box marked Target, it should say something like this:

"M:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe"

you need to add [SPACE]-verify onto the end, so it looks like this:

"M:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\PlayGTAV.exe" -verify

Click OK and then double-click that shortcut, that will verify the files. Once it's done, either delete it, or rename it so that you know what it does. Don't use it to launch the game or it will verify your files every time... and that's no fun. :D

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.