All Asi plugins work perfectly but nothing else !

• One other thing I have found is to make sure that the dinput8.dll file you are using, is the one that comes with ScriptHookV and not the one that comes with OpenIV.

• Soon as I have the time !

• @HueyPilot0014 said in All Asi plugins work perfectly but nothing else !:

Removing the mods did not help so I`m trying to update .Net and visual C++ again to see if it helps.

The next logical step would be to inspect ScriptHookVDotNet.log as well.

Also, you realize you'll need NativeUI.dll too, right? (To create those nice menus). So, double-check you really have all prerequisites installed.

• @meimeiriver said in All Asi plugins work perfectly but nothing else !:

That's the problem we're having in here, ScriptHookVDotNet isn't running... at all. And after almost 2 days chasing pretty much just that, we're getting nowhere... it's baffling.

https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/7464/all-asi-plugins-work-perfectly-but-nothing-else/32

• @LeeC2202 said in All Asi plugins work perfectly but nothing else !:

@meimeiriver said in All Asi plugins work perfectly but nothing else !:

That's the problem we're having in here, ScriptHookVDotNet isn't running... at all. And after almost 2 days chasing pretty much just that, we're getting nowhere... it's baffling.

https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/7464/all-asi-plugins-work-perfectly-but-nothing-else/32

I get that. :) But I figured maybe it might have crashed for some reason, while it was being loaded.

• @HueyPilot0014 said in All Asi plugins work perfectly but nothing else !:

I made the text file as you asked but now asiloader log says this:

// GTA V ASI LOADER (build May 2 2015)
    // (C) Alexander Blade 2015
    LIB: "C:\Windows\system32\dinput8.dll" => 000007FEEE7A0000
    API: "DirectInput8Create" => 000007FEEE7A4820
    API: "DllCanUnloadNow" => 000007FEEE7B20DC
    API: "DllGetClassObject" => 000007FEEE7B2014
    API: "DllRegisterServer" => 000007FEEE7C1050
    API: "DllUnregisterServer" => 000007FEEE7C1064
    LOADER: Loading *.asi plugins
    ASI: Loading "D:\Gta5\ScriptHookVDotNet.asi"
    "ScriptHookVDotNet.asi" failed to load
    LOADER: Finished loading *.asi plugins

That's a strange path for dinput8.dll to load from. It would seem to indicate it wasn't found/loaded from the GTA V root directory.

• @meimeiriver Good spot... I definitely didn't notice that. :(

• @meimeiriver Hmmm.. there is a file called that in my system32 folder as well.

I always thought local dll files overrode the ones stored in the system32 folder. This could prove interesting... and potentially quite tricky. :\

Edit: Just looking at dll redirection... I wonder if that would work.

• @HueyPilot0014 ensure you got the Visual Sutdio requirment too

• First of sorry for checking in again so late ! Busy with work and fixing up the house and garden as usual ! But I think I will turn on the computer in a bit and maybe try to replace the dinput8.dll in system32 with the one we need for gta ? Make a backup of the original of course and see what happens ?

• @HueyPilot0014 I wouldn't advise replacing the one in the system32 folder because I can't imagine that came from anything GTAV related. I think that is a normal windows system file that handles input from devices like mouse and keyboard.

The problem is though, if you have the ScriptHookV files in the main game folder, it shouldn't be using that one, unless there is something wrong with the one in the game folder.

• Just put in Scripthookvdotnet 2.9.3 as you suggested last week lets see if that helps. Ill start loading the game. And youre right perhaps it isn`t a great idea to start messing with windows files haha.

• In case you want to verify that windows file, just to make sure it's right, here's the properties of mine to compare against.

0_1489344101204_dinput8.png

The one in the game folder should look like this:

0_1489344319170_dinput8b.png

• Yeah mine are exactly the same.
    So I tried loading the game with scipthookVdotnet 2.9.3 but same result.
    Asiloader log looks exactly the same and no logs a created for scripthook.
    So what to try next ?

• @HueyPilot0014 I am at a loss... I hate to admit that but I cannot understand why the dinput8.dll file in your game folder is getting ignored. I was looking at something a while back about dll redirection but I have never done anything with that, so I am not sure how it works.

At this moment in time, I just don't know what to suggest. You have done every possible step I can think of and nothing has worked.

• So wich file is responsible for loading all the correct files ? Normally you would expect some main file that says load dinput8.dll from system32 or from say... Gta5 directory.

• @HueyPilot0014 By default, applications usually look for local files, then system wide but for some reason, your GTA5 is looking system wide.

The way the redirection seems to work, is you would create a file in the GTAV directory, called GTA5.local

It doesn't seem to have to contain anything, it just has to be there. That apparently forces any dll calls made from that application, to search locally first. I have no idea if it works, or even if the GTA5.exe file is the one it needs applying to but for the sake of creating a file, I think it's worth a shot.

The page I got the info from is here, if you want to read more on it. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms682600(v=vs.85).aspx

• Yes I see the point when I read the artical. So I tried making the gta5.local file but it still seems to load the dinput8 from system 32 :(

• @HueyPilot0014 Okay... extreme measures time. Zip up your dinput8.dll file and host it somewhere, Google Drive or something. I'll download it and try it in my Windows 10 install.... can't risk it in my Windows 7 install as that's my Dev OS.

If you don't want to link publicly, I'll start a chat and you can link by PM. You can't initiate a chat as I have it locked down at the moment.

• wich one do you want ? the one in system 32 or the gta 5 one ?

• @HueyPilot0014 The GTA5 one

• Here you go :D

https://www.dropbox.com/s/izqb3ib5nsd8lbn/dinput8.rar?dl=0

Hope it lands us somewhere haha.

• @HueyPilot0014 Ok, back in 5 mins, I have to reboot into Win 10, then reboot back into Win 7 to post back on here.

• Well the bad news is, that worked fine. :(

• Yes that`s really bad news !
    Could the problem have anything to do with in game settings ? I remember chancing the way mouse input works some time ago because my weapon selection wasnt always smooth with the mouse wheel....
    I believe I set it to windows input or something like that.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.