problem with OpenIV.asi

• Hello everyone. So I modded up a car(police one) and i noticed, that when I launch game with OpenIV.asi loaded, the game has no footsteps, police sirens, burnout, dor opening/closing, menu clicking sounds and etc sounds. And when I launch game with no OpenIV.asi, everything is OK, except mod is not loaded. What's the problem and how to solve it?

• This is How I install mods by using OpenIV
    I don't use Mods folder which is created by the OpenIV it self and OpenIV.asi is not required if you don't install mods in the Mods folder just install it normally like for
    example
    (Grand Theft Auto V > update > update.rpf > common > data)

As you can see I haven't used the Mods Folder in my GTA directory

NOTE
    MAKE SURE TO BACKUP!!!

• @RAZ3R_BLAD3 We tell people day after day to use a mods folder, because it absolutely guarantees that it gives people an automatic backup.

It also only works like that on 2 out of the three versions of the game, Steam and the cracked version. Retail users, like myself must use a mods folder.

So the problem that creates, is people don't know which of those 2 versions is being used and as such, are hesitant to offer help in case they are helping a user with the cracked version.

So many problems are caused by people following the instructions in mods, that tell them to put modded files into the original game files. The less we guide people in that direction, the better.

• @LeeC2202 Yeah... Your Right! :)

• This is really weird. Go to your mods folder and see if the x64 rpf is in there. If it is, go to mods, x64, audio, sfx, then turn edit mode on. If it doesn't give you any prompts, go back to the mods folder and delete x64. Then turn edit mode off.

This is so we could put it back in the mods folder again because something went wrong when we started.

Once you delete x64. rpf, go back to your original files and get into x64. Let's go to the sfx folder. Go to x64, audio, then sfx. Turn edit mode on, and it should give you a prompt that says "would you like to copy x64 to the mods folder?" Click yes. Turn edit mode off and go to your mods folder. If x64 is in there again, go ahead and close OpenIV, and start up gta.

If it is still having problems, I don't know then. Best of luck.

• @TheLoneWolf293
    Is x64 rpf things are these two right here? Or I don't have it?
    http://prntscr.com/ef6fz8

• No. It should look like this inside of OpenIV. Ignore the .rpf, that was a mistake on my part.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gta+v+folder&safe=strict&rlz=1C9BKJA_enUS705US705&hl=en-US&biw=1024&bih=653&prmd=isvn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjntYCnqbjSAhVT0GMKHcjZA6oQ_AUIBSgB#safe=strict&hl=en-US&tbm=isch&q=gta+v+folder+directory&*&imgrc=yWubVbO9jnhu-M:

You will see in the top right, it will say temp, update, x64, common redist,... it it that x64.

• @TheLoneWolf293
    Yea, ok, I deleted it and did what you said earlier, but no prompt has been given

• If you deleted x64 from your mods folder, run the game. Make sure you didn't screw anything up lol.

Make sure you don't delete anything in the grand theft auto v directory, only delete the x64 in your mods folder. If you deleted the x64 that wasn't in the mods folder, pray that it is in the recycle bin, because the one we need to re-do is in the mods folder.

• PM me your email I can help you easier.

• @Foxonas don't listen the other guy and Use Mods folder, it will save your time and avoid any mind explosion if ever you fail something !!
    About your problem, stupid question but, are all your asi plugin turn on in option>asimanager ?

• @TheLoneWolf293
    Got it working :D I followed your directions again(deleted that x64) and now it works. Big thanks!

• @Shaezbreizh
    Yep, it was

• Cool, so it was something wrong with that. Ok glad to hear. Let me know if you have any more issues.

• @Foxonas Nice enjoy then
    ;)

• Here's a Video Tutorial

Do subscribe for more such videos

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.