The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1

• The update is now live.

Get ready to break your games (again)
    Because there're new updates coming soon.

Like usual, it's for online only. :rolling_eyes:

My favorite part is that they are bringing back some old school cars from GTA III.
    And some vehicles with weapons.
    And this one, Progen GP1.
    alt text

Source: http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60149/Coming-Soon-to-GTA-Online-Special-Vehicle-Races-New-Cars-Modes-More?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_content=gtao-stuntraces-03022017

• @V4D3R Oh crap, I hate breakage!

Will those cars load properly in Single Player, is the question, really.

• It's always a smart thing to backup your files ( the .exe, the launcher .exe and social club.)

• @cyberzone2 said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

It's always a smart thing to backup your files ( the .exe, the launcher .exe and social club.)

Why? I have them backed up already, of course; but wouldn't STEAM immediately try to update them again if you restored them?! Besides, it's questionable the game would even run properly then, unless the exe files were the only ones being changed (which, obviously, they won't be, as new content is announced).

• @meimeiriver

Nope, steam won't update unless you do verify cache . Yes it will work since exe contains the version of the game.

@meimeiriver

Nope, steam won't update unless you do verify cache . Yes it will work since exe contains the version of the game.

Thx. :) That's good to know.

Gotta wonder, though, whether just restoring your exe files would really work. No doubt they'll add a new DLC, like mpbreakingthings, with new cars in it, and heists. One should be able to not load those, though, and hope they didn't radically change anything else.

I'm sure the ScriptHook folk will be on this fast enough, but still, would be nice if we could continue to play in the meantime. :)

Nope, steam won't update unless you do verify cache .

From what I have seen with Steam users, that isn't the case... and according to the info on the LSPDFR page here it isn't http://www.lcpdfr.com/forums/topic/52764-how-to-avoid-rockstar-updates/

The important part of the page says:

The Guide Part 2 - Avoiding the Update
    Now as I mentioned earlier it is not actually possible to 100% avoid the update

Steam updates just as the retail version does, which is why there are so many people complaining that they can't stop the game from updating. You can trick it after you have updated and rolled the game back but you can't stop the update from happening. Steam won't allow you to completely block updates.

• Hm, interesting, thanks for the info. According to this article:
    http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/757488/GTA-5-Online-update-Rockstar-PS4-Xbox-One
    I thought Import/Export is last content expansion for the game, I wonder how much more they are going to add in the future at this rate. Game is pretty much at the end of its lifecycle, they should have draw more resources at new RD.
    On the side note, it's pretty sad that modded Story will be broken again, and the fact that no one was able to port weapons normally to appear on sale in Ammunation yet...

• Here's an interesting thought... what happens if you play GTAV on a standard Windows account, that doesn't have the access rights to allow programmes to update?

• @Forrest-Gimp According to R*, they will continue to update GTA: Online through 2017. I know there are at least two updates next.

• @LeeC2202 said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

Here's an interesting thought... what happens if you play GTAV on a standard Windows account, that doesn't have the access rights to allow programmes to update?

I'd be extremely interested in stopping updates! Spent the good part of last month installing all my mods, including complex mods, like SPA. I really do not want all of that stuff broken.

• @meimeiriver I usually don't play the game until Script Hook V and other mandatory things update. Usually we have to wait about a week.
    Eventually other mods will be updated to work with this version.

• What really makes me happy about this is the pirated users will be even more outdated after this update. I can't wait to see my pirated friends' faces when they see this. :imp:

• @V4D3R said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

@meimeiriver I usually don't play the game until Script Hook V and other mandatory things update. Usually we have to wait about a week.
    Eventually other mods will be updated to work with this version.

This is my first time, actually, that I will go thru an update with the game modded; so we'll see how much will break. Hopefully, things like Benny's shop, and SPA, won't be affected.

• @V4D3R Not to start in on the whole Piracy thingy, but they have no sympathy from me.

Also, didn't STEAM have an Offline mode? Not sure the game will work like that; and Social Club will very likely require an online connection.

• @meimeiriver Prepare some rules in your firewall for all 3 exe files in the GTAV folder but leave them disabled.

Check on here before running the game each day and if you see any mention of the update having dropped, enable the firewall rules. You'll get about 7 days before it demands online activation, which should be enough time for ScriptHookV to be updated... presuming it needs it that is.

We have had updates that didn't break anything, so we might be lucky... might.

• @LeeC2202 Thanks, Lee! Will do. :)

Which part demands the Online activation, btw? Is it Social Club? If so, might suffice to leave that running, and just block the gta5.exe file itself.

• @meimeiriver I don't even start my game until Script Hook V updates. But yeah, @LeeC2202's method will work.

• Fortunately, another reason for ReduX to not work. Thank's to Rockstar constantly updates since the last few months, that overhyped pile of trash is broken now, first with the Bikers surprise, then with Import and Export and soon with the new DLC. Thank's R*, seriously, i'm so glad that more people will not be able to play with that stolen mod and become a brainwashed minion of his army of brainless retards. It's funny to see how they're crying for a new update in the comment section.

alt text
    alt text

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

@meimeiriver Prepare some rules in your firewall for all 3 exe files in the GTAV folder but leave them disabled.

I should get to it rightaway then.

EDIT: Odd, only seeing 2 exe files. Where is the Social Club located then?

• Puts on Dr. Evil voice: "Throw Me a Frickin' Bone Here! Need the info!" :P Seriously, I have a socialclub.dll, in C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Social Club, but still no .exe file. Where do I find it to block?!

• @LanGonCer9807 said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

Fortunately, another reason for ReduX to not work. Thank's to Rockstar constantly updates since the last few months, that overhyped pile of trash is broken now, first with the Bikers surprise, then with Import and Export and soon with the new DLC. Thank's R*, seriously, i'm so glad that more people will not be able to play with that stolen mod and become a brainwashed minion of his army of brainless retards. It's funny to see how they're crying for a new update in the comment section.

I've always found ReduX way too invasive, from the face of it. Once you install an all-encompassing mod like this, you're pretty much screwed for everything else you want to get going. Wish ppl would learn that lesson.

• @meimeiriver said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

Odd, only seeing 2 exe files. Where is the Social Club located then?

Really? I have 3... GTA5.exe, GTAVLauncher.exe and PlayGTAV.exe. Then again, I have the retail version.

There is another exe in Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Social Club, called subprocess.exe

That's what appears in memory multiple times when the game is running, so not quite sure what that's for.

@meimeiriver said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

Really? I have 3... GTA5.exe, GTAVLauncher.exe and PlayGTAV.exe. Then again, I have the retail version.

There is another exe in Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Social Club, called subprocess.exe

That's what appears in memory multiple times when the game is running, so not quite sure what that's for.

Yeah. I don't have PlayGTAV.exe (must be a STEAM thing then). I'll go block the subprocess.exe too then, just to be sure. :) Thanks!

@meimeiriver said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

Hmm, just realized I have, indeed, STEAM. Which is to say, blocking gta5.exe may do absolutely nothing for me, as it's STEAM itself that will do the updating (whereas on your retail version, I reckon, it's the gta5.exe which will perform the update check).

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.