The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1

• @Unknown-Modder Thank you!

• Well RIP to my GTA:(.... I thought I'd be slick and download one last mod while I had the game open. I connected to the internet and then disconnected after downloading. Tried installing it. I now have a corrupted archive for my addon peds and I can't even start the game without an active internet connection. It looks like it started the update already.... Can someone tell me if I update scripthookv when it's out before starting the update if it will save this?

• How long does it normally take them to update Scripthook?

• @Xanderfied About 3-5 days.

• Exactly why I have a legit and not so legit copy. No mods ever touch my legit copy, and I recode the dlc so i still get to enjoy all the new vehicles without waiting.

• @xXGARRAPPAXx BUT you don't have the new interior speedometers, special vehicles like Rocket Voltic with their actual functions, bla bla bla.

LegitCopiesFTW

@Unknown-Modder said in The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1:

@meimeiriver No, this is for getting fuel, oil, current gear, etc. (which is not possible using natives).
    @ikt The offsets don't seem to have changed.

Ah, thank you! :)

@Namie243 said in The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1:

@meimeiriver I'm waiting for the menyoo to come along. I'm not sure, but I think that stops stuff despawning too...?

I always kinda assumed Menyoo et al. just used the the underlying Script Hook V hooks and such, and don't need updating per se; but even so, yeah, at the very least they'll probably add the new cars to their list of spawnable objects (although you could just spawn them manually, of course).

• @meimeiriver This is my first update nightmare, but I thought Menyoo needed updating after every update? It needs scripthookv, yes.

I just downloaded an asi that means I can spawn the dlc cars without issues now. Not so impressed with the new cars :D Look good but....meh :/

@Namie243 said in The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1:

@meimeiriver This is my first update nightmare, but I thought Menyoo needed updating after every update? It needs scripthookv, yes.

I just downloaded an asi that means I can spawn the dlc cars without issues now. Not so impressed with the new cars :D Look good but....meh :/

For me, yeah, having the new cars in game would be nice; but without my myriad of trainers/mods working, I think I'll just wait for Script Hook and friends to update first.

• @LeeC2202 Programs including GTAV are updated by the Windows user TrustedInstaller. Restricting a standard user's account will not keep TrustedInstaller from initiating an update.

@calhoward said in The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1:

@LeeC2202 Programs including GTAV are updated by the Windows user TrustedInstaller. Restricting a standard user's account will not keep TrustedInstaller from initiating an update.

I very much doubt that. I could be wrong, but gta5.exe is not a native Windows component (the kind that would be updated by TrustedInstaller). Gta5.exe is a regular user program; and, as such, always must seek permission to start an install. (Not talking about STEAM here, of course).

• @calhoward GTAV has to ask permission to install an update on an administrator level account as you can see in this post I made this morning. https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/8026/what-to-do-when-gta-online-is-about-to-be-updated/11

If it has to get permission on an admin account, there is no chance it is going to be able to update without permission on a standard account.

• why im looking at this post after i already update the game without thinking and i updated on the modded version am i that screwed ? the question if the new scripthook "update" will solve the game?
    and funny thing i tried to switch to original folder to play some multi player and the game didnt ask for update i log in and i crealy playing with 2 people on server and on the old update :O its kinda black hole in the game,
    p.s sorry for my terrible english.

@dskate said in The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1:

why im looking at this post after i already update the game without thinking and i updated on the modded version am i that screwed ? the question if the new scripthook "update" will solve the game?
    and funny thing i tried to switch to original folder to play some multi player and the game didnt ask for update i log in and i crealy playing with 2 people on server and on the old update :O its kinda black hole in the game,

Screwed? Yes; but not eternally. Think of it as purgatory, :)

But yeah, if you hadn't made a backup before, you'll need to wait at least until the new Script Hook stuff is released.

• @meimeiriver said in The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1:

why im looking at this post after i already update the game without thinking and i updated on the modded version am i that screwed ? the question if the new scripthook "update" will solve the game?

But yeah, if you hadn't made a backup before, you'll need to wait at least until the new Script Hook stuff is released.

Add on cars mod cant be outdated right ?
    or i need to start all over my modding with cars? :O

@meimeiriver said in The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1:

Your addon cars are safe. :) Rockstar* won't touch your mods folder, and the format of addon cars won't have changed.

• @meimeiriver said in The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1:

@meimeiriver said in The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1:

Your addon cars are safe. :) Rockstar* won't touch your mods folder, and the format of addon cars won't have changed.

You know what weird the addon cars are actually dont work on the "mods" folder so i tried to the original "update" folder and they work there so i think the files are replaced but i will check it soon if its true

• @meimeiriver I see people saying this everywhere but in my experience I've installed replacement cars in my mods folder to have to be reverted back to the original a couple times so I'm not sure what that's all about?

• The crappy and scary thing about all this is Alexander Blade pretty much has us around his pinky everytime Rockstar updates as far as the modder community.

If he wanted to be a greedy jerk he could really charge us for his updated Scripthook, luckily hes a good guy but does this not bother you all....we are so dependent on one person to continue modding with this game because Rockstar can keep screwing us over until they are tired of GTAV and move on to GTA6.

Will we ever have complete Independence of GTAV as a singleplayer no internet required game like what IV turned into???

• @rastakilla said in The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1:

Will we ever have complete Independence of GTAV as a singleplayer no internet required game like what IV turned into???

The only problem with that, is GTAIV has turned into a no internet required game, that has no mod support for the latest patch. So everyone is having to downgrade to get things working again. In reality, everyone could do that with GTAV every time it updates and carry on using the mods with no interruptions.

The one person thing does bother me though, because that is exactly why there is no mod support for GTAIV, because nobody can update the ScriptHook required for them. I think that's a dangerous precedent to be set.

• @LeeC2202 It really is!
    I feel like Im just borrowing this game from Rockstar and Steam.
    I never touched GTA Online but I do appreciate the new features that us modding community get anyway because PC Master Race take what we want! LMAO

Its just crazy seeing the Scripthook mod page comments and people pretty much begging Alexander Blade to update so they can continue to play thier modded game.
    All GTAV modding life stops until that guy pushes the upload button.....

• @rastakilla I suspect that even if there were 10 people working on Scripthook, this problem would still occur at every update though, simply because of the amount of things that need to be checked.

I think those of us who have been through an update or two know the score but there always seems to be an endless stream of newcomers at every update... hence the post I made in the hope of defusing the onslaught of "HELP, my modz don't work" posts that usually accompany an update.

I don't know what the solution is, barring a seige on Rockstar HQ and holding the coffee machine to ransom until they promise to never update the game again... which I doubt would work. :D

We are at the mercy of the Rockstar money machine and it just keeps rolling along.

@LeeC2202 said in The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1:

The one person thing does bother me though, because that is exactly why there is no mod support for GTAIV, because nobody can update the ScriptHook required for them. I think that's a dangerous precedent to be set.

I've always worried about that too. But wasn't Script Hook opensource somehow?! If so, someone else could compile it one day, maybe.

• @meimeiriver I have never seen the source for it, I think only one person has access to that.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.