The New Grand Theft Auto Update: 1.0.1011.1

• I hope they will add Hunter , Deluxo and Cheetah from San Andreas (+ Maybe the Beta squaddie car? <- Crusader with a back similiar to Barracks)

• @meimeiriver When you run the game, do you still see the Social Club Launcher when the game starts? I've never seen the Steam version running, so I don't know what happens with that version.

@LeeC2202 said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

@meimeiriver When you run the game, do you still see the Social Club Launcher when the game starts? I've never seen the Steam version running, so I don't know what happens with that version.

Just tried it. Box comes up, it will say it's loading, then tells you something like "The Rockstar services are currenly offline." And then offers you an Offline button, which starts the game.

Like I said, though, STEAM will be pushing the impending game update, so I doubt denying Internet acccess to gta5.exe et al. will do me much good.

• @meimeiriver said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

Like I said, though, STEAM will be pushing the impending game update, so I doubt denying Internet acccess to gta5.exe et al. will do me much good.

That is entirely possible... I guess beyond forcing Steam offline, it's going to be tricky to prevent. :\

@LeeC2202 I just posted the question on the STEAM forum. If it's possible to stop/delay the update a bit, I hope they're the ones who will know for sure.

• You guys are going this far to stop an update? Smh just move your mods folder out of the directory before it updates then once it does, put it back in and check to see if any mods need to be updated...

• I hope there will be optimization with the number of dlc, not restrictions.

@TheLoneWolf293 said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

You guys are going this far to stop an update? Smh just move your mods folder out of the directory before it updates then once it does, put it back in and check to see if any mods need to be updated...

Yeah, I don't think you really understand how it works. For one, if gta5.exe itself has changed (very likely), every ScriptHook variant, and all subsequent mods relying on them, will not only fail, but likely immediately crash the game. Same is likely to happen with all/many of the dll's loaded/accessed.

Even when the ScriptHook stuff gets updated, many integrated things can still break (even during loading), like SPA, Benny's shop, etc. Or replace cars can become 'obsoleted' (as they are now inside a new patchday DLC). Although the latter won't crash your game. The rest probably will.

All depends, of course, on how major the Update will be; but it looks to be more than just a puny Social Club update.

Not to mention that you don't need to move the mods folder, as that's the one thing STEAM is guaranteed NOT to touch.

• @TheLoneWolf293 said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

You guys are going this far to stop an update? Smh just move your mods folder out of the directory before it updates then once it does, put it back in and check to see if any mods need to be updated...

When the game gets updated, the memory offsets change. When the memory offsets change, the scripthooks stop working. If the scripthooks stop working, your mods folder stops working... ergo, doing what you said will achieve nothing.

Luckily, for 95% of anything else, when ScriptHookV gets updated, everything continues to work as it did. I haven't had to change a single mod because of an update... ever.

• When is the Update coming out? :o

@Moddednigga23 said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

When is the Update coming out? :o

As the guy said in Hydrophobia, "I only have 2 balls, and neither of them are crystal." :P

Seriously, all the Rockstar 'newswire' says is "Coming Soon." Could be today, could be next week; who knows!?

• @meimeiriver One update will be released this Spring/Summer. The update with GTA III cars and the Progen GP1 will be released... sooner. I think mid/end of this month.

• damn

• To revert GTA V Steam to earlier patch, you need:

• GTA5.exe
    • GTAVLauncher.exe
    • update.rpf (if you have this modded file in mods folder, copy this one)
    • Social Club installer from Installers folder (Social-Club-Setup.exe)

How to do it?

1. Copy all of these files to be ready before a new update.
    2. When update will arrive, paste earlier patch files to their folders.
    3. Go to the Social Club installation folder (for me it's C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Social Club).
    4. Change folder name to e.g. Social Club2.
    5. Install earlier Social Club version using Social-Club-Setup.exe.
      Done.

• Couldn't I just disconnect my PC from the internet? And wait for script hook and what ever other files that need to be updated are released?

• @westcoastsosa Yep, that would work but only for so long. I think you only get about 5 - 7 days before it demands to go online to check the activation. Or at least the Retail version does, not sure how the Steam version works.

• @LeeC2202 thanks, that should be long enough mixed in with the time I'll be playing on console for the update, they should have everything fixed.(given that anything is actually messed up)

• That's probably the simplest way of continue playing after an update:

• Turn of your Internet connection whenever you want to play
    • Whenever you want to play, set the date to the day before the update was released (or any other day you could start the game without Logging In) and the Social Club Launcher won't ask you to Log In for ages basically

Was doing this for weeks after Import/Export came out. I'd say that even works with the Steam Version - wondering why this solution is so unpopular :P

• @prince_linus Messing with Windows Time screws alot of other stuff up....simply not worth it to me

• @rastakilla Had no issues apart from gta5-mods.com telling me my time settings are incorrect... Also, you only have to change the date until you're Logged In.

@prince_linus said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

@rastakilla Had no issues apart from gta5-mods.com telling me my time settings are incorrect... Also, you only have to change the date until you're Logged In.

Windows also uses time synchronization servers, so changing time/date will get reverted automagically. This, too, can be disabled, but yeah, that's all a lot of hassle.

• @LeeC2202 @westcoastsosa @meimeiriver @prince_linus
    The new update will be released on 14th March.

And here she is.. The Progen GP1.
    alt text

• @V4D3R said in GTA: Online is about to be updated:

The new update will be released on 14th March.

Thanks for the heads up... I think I will get my firewall ready.

• @LeeC2202 I wonder what else they are releasing. It cannot be a DLC with a one car inside.. I'll keep an eye out for any updates from Rockstar. :smiley:

• Evil updates go away! My rusty Volvo needs me....

Seriously though, this is the first update I will experience on PC. What needs to be updated, so mods can work? I know gameconfig is one....

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.