No required files in GTA V. ( dlclist.xml and more )

• Hey, guys how i can setup a fresh GTA5 files, do i need update or something ?
    Will try my best to explain the issue:

Trying to Add as mod:
    Installation:
    [Editing the dlclist.xml]

1. Create a folder named "m4f82" in :\Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks

2. Open OpenIV and extract the "dlc.rpf" from the current archive to \Grand Theft Auto V\update\x64\dlcpacks\m4f82

3. Add the following line: ( STUCK: Where the f should get this xml ? ).

<Item>dlcpacks:\m4f82\</Item>

Trying To Replace:
    Settings vehicles.meta
    \Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\update.rpf\common\data\levels\gta5

I don't have the mods folder in first place, actually i've created it, but there wont be vehicles.meta, probs will do the old fashion way.. will find the original zion and gonna replace it.

@ExacoMvm I would start here https://forums.gta5-mods.com/topic/1451/tutorial-grand-theft-auto-v-modding-a-few-things-you-should-know?page=1

And spend an evening getting familiar with how mods work and how to set them up. By the time you have read through that, you will have a better idea of what files you need to edit and where they are.

• Thank you, but already figured out, i don't even need mods folder to put addons..
    So i put the dlc.rpf to an new folder named correpsonding with the new line i will add into xml: to GTA V > update > x64 > dlcpacks, and edit the xml in the GTA V > update > update.rpf > common > data.

Thats it, the instructions is way too complicated.

@ExacoMvm That's fine... as long as you are using the Steam version. The Retail version will replace any modded files it finds outside the mods folder when it runs.

Also remember that if you don't use the mods folder, when things go wrong, you have modified the only files that are your backups and you will have to verify your game files, which will then replace every modded file you have added in the process.

• Not sure if its allowed here, but im using Reloaded release. Good info tho. The modding itself is more fun than playing lel.

@ExacoMvm No it's not allowed.

Prohibited on the forums:

Offensive comments directed at other users
    Offensive images, including any nudity
    Discussions about malware or pirated content
    Download links to original GTA V game files (including pirated content or subsets of files)
    Discussions about modding GTA: Online with the intent of cheating
    Discussions about console modding
    Derailing/hijacking threads by other users with questions/posts on a topic unrelated to the main post

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.