GTA5 freezes on startup when dinput8 is installed

• gta 5 freezes when loading into the story mode only when i have dinput8 in the directory, when it's removed its fine, this is a fresh install with only the mods folder there, even when the mods folder is removed the game still freezes

• i have the same problem :/

@ishysteele97 What other asi based mods are you using?

dinput8.dll handles other things that are not inside the mods folder, so a crash could be caused by a mod that is not compatible with the latest version for example.

I would suggest to remove anything that ends with .asi out of the main game folder and try it again. You could also have a corrupt ScriptHookV install, so it might be worth re-downloading them just to be sure.

• the only other .asi files i have are EnhancedTrainer.asi or something along those lines, i searched for trainer on here and sorted it by recent version, and the other is openiv.asi that's it do you have a link to a reliable scripthook and dinput8? that you know works on the latest ver.

@ishysteele97 Always download from here, this is the version I am using on my game. http://www.dev-c.com/gtav/scripthookv/

Remove that trainer as well just to make sure.

• i've just removed only script-hook and now it's working, but the trainer doesn't work ofc, i got scripthook from the offical site too, the latest version and that seems to be the problem

• @LeeC2202 i've sorted it kinda, i can get the game going with the latest scripthook and dinput along with the trainer they provide but i can't actually navigate around the trainer as i have the corsair k65 (no numpad) and there isn't a option to change the config so im kinda stuck...

@ishysteele97 Probably best to not use the trainer that comes with ScriptHookV, I have never heard good things about that one to be honest. I use Simple Trainer, others use Enhanced Native Trainer v32 or there is Menyoo.

Simple Trainer https://www.gta5-mods.com/scripts/simple-trainer-for-gtav is probably the easiest to test with and doesn't leave any luggage lying around. ENT creates files in the appdata folder and I think your Documents folder too.

• @LeeC2202 i used the one provided just to sort of like make sure it worked, the one you just linked works a treat, got it working with my controller just fine, only just realized you're a mod, top man. much appreciated L)!!

@ishysteele97 You're welcome... glad it is working. :slight_smile:

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.