How to affect physical properties of a custom prop (e.g. flotation, mass, fire proofness)

• I've been working on some custom add-on props for Coastal Callouts. So far it's mostly working well, but I can't figure out any way to alter the physical properties of my props. I'd like to be able to configure whether a prop will float or sink, how heavy it is, whether it's flammable, etc. Does anybody know how to change these properties? I'm using the add-on props editor @Meth0d and @Quechus13, and have been using the default flags so far from their example entries. But I assume it's something I would change in zmodeler, not in the props definition file.

• @PNWParksFan Have you checked the collision IDs and flags?

• @Oskar nope. What would I be looking for there?

• @Oskar @PNWParksFan Yes would be great and really helpful if someone could provide a list of properties to apply ;S

• User-defined options, i think?

• @AHK1221 yes it's to set here, but how to know properties to set ?
    is there any list that would permit to know the different propertie available ?

• @Shaezbreizh exactly, I don't know what flags to be looking for and haven't been able to find any kind of list. @Oskar do you know?

• @PNWParksFan No, sadly not but you could try to inspect some original GTA props and search for the properties you need.

• The only user-defined options I could find on any props were E with the following values on various props. Found these on the collision model:

floating barrel:  0.0608374, 0.0243738, 0.0608374, 0.117014
    yacht float:      0.0285468, 0.028604,  0.0265928, 0.0804791
    sinking barrel:   0.0876691, 0.0433215, 0.0876691, 0.242256

Unfortunately, copying the floating barrel's E property directly to the prop I'm developing did not cause it to float.

Furthermore, I imported the floating barrel prop to remove a weird shader from it that was preventing me from retexturing, and even though the collisions look fine in zmod and OpenIV, it has no collisions apparently in the game... it spawns and then falls right through the earth! :/

• @PNWParksFan By "float" what do you mean? If you want it to have no gravity, that is something you do by scripts.

• @AHK1221 You stay to much time in da space xP
    nah we're talking about the floating on water dynamic properties

• @Shaezbreizh I'm sorry lol u right xD

Can you link me one original vanilla game prop that can float on water? I might be able to pull some info off it.

• @AHK1221 np ^^
    x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\props\industrial\v_industrial_2.rpf\prop_dock_bouy_1.ydr
    x64i.rpf\levels\gta5\props\industrial\v_industrial_2.rpf\prop_ind_barge_02.ydr
    I know the bouy is floating not sure about the barge, there is some other (like binbag) but can't go ig now to find there name or test the barge
    Also i guess we can find a floating dynamic on boat too

• @PNWParksFan its defined in ytyp file under extensions like for prop_dock_bouy_1.ydr you have in v_industrial_2.ytyp:
    <extensions>
    <Item type="CExtensionDefBuoyancy">
    <name>hash_1B276762</name>
    <offsetPosition x="0.0" y="0.0" z="0.426106" />
    </Item>
    </extensions>
    its same for ladders to climb up ect.

• @Dekurwinator how you open it ?

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.