[SCRIPT][WIP] CATOBAR (Catapult Assisted Take Off But Arrested Recovery)

• Hey,
    I just started again on my CATOBAR script which basically adds the function to do a catapult assisted take off from the carrier and an arrested landing again. Just like in real life. I thought I might share my current progress.

The following video shows the beta of the catapult in combination with @SkylineGTRFreak 's F/A-18D. Yeah it doesn't look that smooth currently but it's working already. It's actually not that bad but Rockstar Editor also messed something up.
    Anyways, the video:

• Noice.
    A few questions I have:

1. If I made a blast deflector as add-on prop, would you be able to make it move upwards at a certain position?

2. Would it be possible to add smoke effects to the catapult?

Can't wait though, keep it up :D

• @SkylineGTRFreak Yeah, I could do that but it would be easier if it was a basic vehicle which only consists of the blast deflectors (as doors) and the needed dummies to spawn it.
    And yes, I'm planning to add smoke effects to the catapult!

• @Oskar i hoped to see it one day, it ll be possible with all planes??

• @Voltrock I'll add a config file where you can define the aircrafts which can use it.

• @Oskar Cool :), different ped could use it too?? (i think about modmap )

• @Voltrock Currently NPCs can't use it but I'll add the functionality for that later. I just gotta get an idea on how NPCs want to decide if they wanna use the catapult or not.

• Improved the catapult launch, it looks much better now. I'm working on the smoke effects now but as you can see (or can't see), I haven't found a good effect with enough smoke yet.

EDIT: Can't export the video from Rockstar Editor right now since I have to play in offline mode until Scripthook gets updated.

• Video of the updated version (Like I already mentioned, the smoke effect isn't really working yet):

• @SkylineGTRFreak Could you maybe add the towbar on the front gear as a door on your upcoming F-14? I could integrate that into the catapult sequence. Would probably look really cool!

• @Oskar you made me Do that on the EA-18G already, but it didn't work as the door objects would not rotate together with the gear :/

• @SkylineGTRFreak Oh, forgot about that, damn. :/

• @Oskar The bad thing with GTA V (and sure you already know it) is the not realistic fast top acceleration in aircrafts. Maybe are you using apply force to help in the takeoff of the plane and maybe can be helpfull to add a "impeller" in the end of the carrier's track, like a trigger to add a little up/front force when the plane is passing through that point. Is just a idea.

• @Rarefacer Yeah, I'm already trying stuff like that but it's quite tricky like you already said. I hope that I'll be able to get a good result in the end!

• @Oskar what new about ur project?? :) i want really to see the end

• @Voltrock I'm currently stuck with the catching wire. The launch is nearly finished tho.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.