Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality

• Eh I'd rather wait for scripthook to update before I end up breaking my game and having to reinstall :/

• @Karnival If you are using Windows 7 right click on the GTA5.exe and choose "Restore previous versions". This will restore the previous GTA5.exe file that was there before the 4-5-2017 update.

• The author should just make it so a failed version check simply shows a normal message saying "Unknown version, proceed at your own risk!" There is no logical reason for it to be an actual fatal exception (as it is now).

@Akira1364 said in Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality:

"proceed at your own risk"

Which just means your game will crash, leaving a hundred angry/confused forum posts in its wake.

Since the hooks simply won't work on a changed gta5.exe, I agree with Alex just aborting the whole process. He could perhaps just have silently disabled his hooks, but then another few hundred questions follow as to why ScriptHook 'suddenly' stopped working.

It's cleaner this way. :)

@meimeiriver Haven't had the time yet to check the new EXE but I quickly edited the Script Hook DLL pretending I'm still using 1.0.1011.1 and... it crashed after the DX init. So yeah, Alex has to change (some of) the memory offsets again but that's all. Shouldn't take take that long. RPH devs did this within a few hours.

• @Unknown-Modder What do you mean, exactly?The DLL already only knows about 1.0.1011.1 at the highest. It's about adding the new version number, not pretending you're still using 1.0.1011.1.....

@meimeiriver I don't think it would, unless there's been a change in the EXE source (and not just in the embedded version string.) The vast majority of game logic changes RS makes are contained in the external data files...

@Akira1364 I did this because I'm using 1.0.1032.1 right now and if the memory offsets didn't change, then pretending to still be on 1.0.1011.1 would work.

• This post is deleted!

@Akira1364 said in Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality:

@Unknown-Modder What do you mean, exactly?The DLL already only knows about 1.0.1011.1 at the highest. It's about adding the new version number, not pretending you're still using 1.0.1011.1.....

@meimeiriver I don't think it would, unless there's been a change in the EXE source (and not just in the embedded version string.) The vast majority of game logic changes RS makes are contained in the external data files...

Gta5.exe changed size; so, yeah, that's rarely a good sign.

• @Clyv Does anyone have the 1.0.1011.1 Steam GTA5.exe? Because I've downloaded the patch from maniamods.ru but the exe is the Social Club's one and won't work with the steam version.

0_1491578891435_Screenshot (26).png

Thanks! ;)

• When I replace the gta5.exe with the one from the previous version I ask for activation code in the load menu, how do I do that does not happen?

• I received multiple responses from users stating that the GTA.exe file version 1.0.1011.1 replacement worked. No other actions were needed. :) Happy Gaming

• @Unknown-Modder said in Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality:

Shouldn't take take that long. RPH devs did this within a few hours.

This update thing isn't affecting me at the moment but I think what you have said there, is an additional tick in the "Someone else should be able to make these changes column".

You can imagine how hard it is for some people to accept, that what can be done in a matter of hours by one group, takes another several days. If those several days are being caused by the limitations on one person's time, then maybe that one person needs trusted/trustworthy helpers to ease the burden.

I mean the pattern seems to be now, update arrives on a Tuesday, fix arrives on a Saturday. So does that mean that it's a 4 day fix, or a one day fix that Alex only gets time to do on a weekend?

As I say, it doesn't matter to me because my game is firewalled and when it demands activation, I can let it do that then refuse to allow it to update... and I can do that indefinitely... one of the perks of having the Retail version. It just makes you think that contrary to the popular saying, too many cooks don't always spoil the broth, they sometimes just solve the problem quicker.

• @LeeC2202 You mentioned the the Firewall method. Is there a write up on this website that explains how to implement the Firewall method for preventing updates for those who purchased the game via Steam?

• @gta5sman I don't think it works for Steam users as you have granted Steam access to the network anyway. I think the only option for Steam users, is to run in offline mode.

The retail version has to ask for a set of permissions for itself because it doesn't run inside any kind of pre-authorised client... so you get a lot more control over what it can do. It can only update when you let it, so if you say no, then it has no option but to carry on with the same version.

• So I fixed it by replacing the GTA5.exe with the previous one (1.0.1011.1)(Steam one) and by replacing the update.rpf with the previous one.

• @DamianDen That happens because you are using the exe from the SocialClub version.

• @LeeC2202 Rockstar will not let you run the game in offline mode. I tried it using the offline launch command -scOfflineOnly via Steam and Rockstar's Social Club prevents the game to run.

alt text

• Steam will only allow you to run GTAV offline once....after that you will get a failed to update dialogue box and Steam will force you to turn it online to finish the update.

DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR INTERNET WITHOUT SWITCHING TO STEAM OFFLINE MODE FIRST!

• @gta5sman Just use mediaffire or mega to uplaod it, please link me when you upload it, really want my trainer back :(

• @rastakilla Rockstar Retail Version(SocialClub) will only allow you to run GTA in offline once as well.
    @LeeC2202 and anyone else that can answer I have RageHookPlugin and it did a backup of my 1.010 . Im assuming all it did was do a backup of the update.rpf file? Besides copying the 1.010 3 gta exe files is there an actual Social Club installer hidden in a folder somewhere? I can copy the social club folder but not sure if theres the social club installer exe hidden in a folder somewhere.

@rastakilla said in Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality:

Steam will only allow you to run GTAV offline once....after that you will get a failed to update dialogue box and Steam will force you to turn it online to finish the update.

@gta5sman said in Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality:

@LeeC2202 Rockstar will not let you run the game in offline mode. I tried it using the offline launch command -scOfflineOnly via Steam and Rockstar's Social Club prevents the game to run.

No need to spread disinformation. STEAM, like last time, will not only allow you to play GTA V in Offline Mode, but will -- contrary to the claim here -- do so for about a week (which is to say, it's Social Club which will want you to revalidate after a week or so).

• @meimeiriver
    You are incorrect.....
    If you do it properly like what my previous post says....There is a "play offline" option when you launch GTAV with steam in offline mode and internet totally disconnected.
    I've been playing all day on it that way without the new update

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.