Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality

• @Willief23 If you're asking about the Steam version, I believe it does keep old Social Club installers in a folder but I can't say that with 100% certainty... one of the Steam users can probably answer that with more accuracy. I know there isn't one for Retail, not unless you can find one on the Rockstar Support site... which you might do with it being so soon after the update.

I'm also not sure if RHP also backs up the exe file, I didn't have it on long enough to work out what it did... and did an almost complete clear-out when I removed it because of the problem I had when I installed it.

So all-in-all, I'm not much help here, sorry. :(

@rastakilla said in Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality:

@meimeiriver
    You are incorrect.....
    If you do it properly like what my previous post says....There is a "play offline" option when you launch GTAV with steam in offline mode and internet totally disconnected.

You claimed "Steam will only allow you to run GTAV offline once" That's simply patently untrue. I've been running GTA V dozens of times, for the last few days, in Offline mode.

• @meimeiriver
    IF YOU USE THE DISCONNECT YOUR INTERNET TO PLAY THE OLDER BACKUP OF GTAV METHOD......LIKE I HAVE
    WITHOUT PUTTING STEAM IN OFFLINE MODE FIRST......

1.GTAV WILL QUE STEAM TO UPDATE AS IF IT WERE ONLINE....

2.ONCE THIS UPDATE INITIATES...IT WILL FAIL.....BUT IT WILL CONTINUE TO QUE STEAM FOR AN UPDATE AND GIVE YOU THE DIALOGUE BOX FORCING YOU TO PUT STEAM IN ONLINE MODE TO UPDATE AND PLAY GTAV.

@LeeC2202 said in Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality:

@Willief23 If you're asking about the Steam version, I believe it does keep old Social Club installers in a folder but I can't say that with 100% certainty... one of the Steam users can probably answer that with more accuracy. I know there isn't one for Retail, not unless you can find one on the Rockstar Support site... which you might do with it being so soon after the update.

I'm also not sure if RHP also backs up the exe file, I didn't have it on long enough to work out what it did... and did an almost complete clear-out when I removed it because of the problem I had when I installed it.

So all-in-all, I'm not much help here, sorry. :(

This is Rumor Control: here are the facts. :)

Indeed, STEAM has Social-Club-Setup.exe stored in the 'Grand Theft Auto V\Installers' folder. Mine is still dated Feb 10 (as I did a full restore). Since I didn't touch the Social Club install, though, it's safe to say Social Club either didn't update this time, or simply doesn't care you running an older gta5.exe file.

• it worked for me :grin:

• I did the restore (GTAV.exe) on win 7, now all the mods are working fine, but the game itself keeps trying to update so i had to disconect the internet adaptor and reconect after the offline game mode login because i have some plugins that require internet connection like ''Real Weather'' plugin.

• @Bajevi PM me the files if possible sire! :)

• Help pls.
    I pasted the old files into my GTA5.exe folder and they overrided the new ones, when I launched GTA Network the update came up, disconnected my internet and reconnected it when it gave me the "offline mode" option.

I clicked play, and the game started loading. 10 seconds later into the loading screen it was "intizializing social club" but then it just ran into 'Error Code 17'. "Social club failed to intialize".

Any idea on how to fix this?

• The funny part about this is that the Retail version of GTA V now requires activation per launch, so no more offline mode. And, if connected to the internet, GTA V will update to patch the GTA5.exe file, so there goes that idea. I will say that it was a clever idea, and definitely caught my attention, but as it's not a working method, I thought I'd let you know.

• @VEKTR0 Just refuse to accept the patch, it's not a problem. Only the launcher requires activation and you can reject the patch, then go back to using offline mode with the firewall rules.

So yes, it is a working method and one that I use every update without any problem.

New ScriptHookV is here, ppl! :)

@LeeC2202 Oh, this is rich! After I did a full restore, earlier, now that I've gone to Online mode again, STEAM won't update, this time! Wut?! Doing a file integrity check now, hoping that will force an update, LOL.

This post is deleted!

• @meimeiriver I just installed the ScriptHookV update, ran the game update, went into the game and took some screenshots, went into OpenIV and it told me about copying the update.rpf file to the mods folder... which I had completely forgotten to do (as usual), or my game might crash, it said.

Here's the thing though, the one in the update folder, is smaller than the one in my mods folder... so it's got smaller in this update. That's something new. :D

• @Grofarator I only have QuantV installed, which does add a few text files I guess.

I'm just used to R* adding tons of junk, it just caught me off guard. :D

@LeeC2202 said in Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality:

@meimeiriver I just installed the ScriptHookV update, ran the game update, went into the game and took some screenshots, went into OpenIV and it told me about copying the update.rpf file to the mods folder... which I had completely forgotten to do (as usual), or my game might crash, it said.

Here's the thing though, the one in the update folder, is smaller than the one in my mods folder... so it's got smaller in this update. That's something new. :D

Other than a new loadscreen (which I had to reupload), I too have nothing extra (big) in the new update.rpf. Strange indeed. :)

• @meimeiriver The New script hook Doesn't support 1.0.1011.1 Plus 1.0.1011.1 is the newest version of GTA V ( it Updated Last week). i have 0 Mods for gta v ( not including Mod menus for single player(i use "Simple trainer")

@Iwatchswiftor said in Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality:

@meimeiriver The New script hook Doesn't support 1.0.1011.1 Plus 1.0.1011.1 is the newest version of GTA V ( it Updated Last week). i have 0 Mods for gta v ( not including Mod menus for single player(i use "Simple trainer")

Yeah, no. The game is at 1.0.1032.1. And the latest ScriptHook most certainly supports it.

• Funny since I did that update work around I can't get the game to update again to use the new Scripthook.
    LMAO what do I do?

@rastakilla said in Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality:

Funny since I did that update work around I can't get the game to update again to use the new Scripthook.
    LMAO what do I do?

What you do, is read my earlier post, where I said

"Oh, this is rich! After I did a full restore, earlier, now that I've gone to Online mode again, STEAM won't update, this time! Wut?! Doing a file integrity check now, hoping that will force an update, LOL."

Thing is, as long as the pertinent STEAM manifest (outside the GTA V directory) thinks you've updated the game already, STEAM won't try again, until you force a file Verify, after which it detects again that some files are 'behind', after all.

• Is there a fix for it then, I haven't been able to find one yet.

@ThatModderYouLove said in Found a solution to fix the 4-5-2017 GTA5 update and restore Mod and Script Hook V functionality:

Is there a fix for it then, I haven't been able to find one yet.

Yes, scripthook was updated

• Ah right, thanks.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.