Map editing...

• Time for me to look into something new! With the not-so-new OpenIV update, we're able to edit ymaps. I've been looking into it for a file and I've seen some people have already made maps using that function(Vice V), as it is added as a DLC. This thread is going to be the "info" topic for Map editing, and whenever I find something I'll post it down here.

• So.... there is a _citye folder which has another folder, typically the name of the place. Then it has rpfs filled with model files(ydr) and a "name"_metadata file which contains the ymaps and the manifest file.

In content.xml the line which defines the _metadata rpf is something like this:

<Item>
          <filename>dlc_mpApartment:/%PLATFORM%/levels/gta5/_citye/sunset/sunset_metadata.rpf</filename>
          <fileType>RPF_FILE</fileType>
          <overlay value="false"/>
          <disabled value="true"/>
          <persistent value="true"/>
          <loadCompletely value="true"/>
          <contents>CONTENTS_DLC_MAP_DATA</contents>
        </Item>

Most of the things are same, but look at the bottom:

<contents>CONTENTS_DLC_MAP_DATA</contents>

I'm gonna keep looking into it.

• I will be thankful if somebody explain me how to spawn ybn collisions. For embedded theres funkction <physicsDictionary> in ytyp and everything works fine but embedded collisions are not good for map creation and i have no idea how to make ybn colli spawn >_<

• @AHK1221 said in Map editing...:

I'm gonna keep looking into it.

Please do! :) Been studying Franklin's fancy home that way too. Clearly, ymaps, when we can get 'em to work, will obsolete Map Editor overnight. Apart from real collisions, ambient occlusion, shadows, etc, these maps no longer bind us to just existing ingame props, either.

Clearly some folks already know how to create full maps like this; and, equally clearly, they're not sharing. :P

• @Dekurwinator What's wrong with embedded collisions? Anyway you can probably export collisions using gims.

@meimeiriver Will do:)

• @AHK1221 I mean that i know how create DLC addon map using custom props with ymap and ytyp (like ViceV) but only with embedded collisions. I want to know how to use ybn colllision instead of embedded.

• @Dekurwinator said in Map editing...:

@AHK1221 I mean that i know how create DLC addon map using custom props with ymap and ytyp (like ViceV) but only with embedded collisions. I want to know how to use ybn colllision instead of embedded.
    In ityp i have:
    alt text
    In _manifest.ymf i have:
    alt text
    Where:
    north_yankton01 - ymap
    _interior_ring_x1_1 ybn collision
    north_yankton - ityp
    In game object is correct but without working ybn collision.
    For same object but with embedded collision:
    ityp:

alt text
    In game object spawned correctly and collision working, so im lost now and dont know what i did wrong with ybn collision and how to enable ybn cuz its diffrent way that embedded or im wrong :S

• Entry in MapDataGroups is not needed. YBN collisions are placed globally, they coords are the same as models spawned in game.

• @Dekurwinator Can you show the paths to the files you have shown? Would be a big help.

• @CP Thank you i will try that
    @AHK1221 sure in few hours i will post how i make objects to spawn by ityp and ymap

• Two things first:

1. Im beginner in modding and many things ive learned by myself so some things are not perfect or should be better (like my english :D)– not too many tutorials on web
    2. I will appreciate any suggestions from advanced modders :)

For this example will be custom map named “test”

1. In OpenIV add line
      <Item>dlcpacks:\test</Item>
      to dlclist.xml in mods/update/update.rpf/common/data
    2. Create folder named ”test” in Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\x64\dlcpacks
    3. In OpenIV create RPF archive named “dlc”
    4. Now inside dlc.rpf create folder named “x64” then inside x64 create folder named “levels” inside create next folder named “gta5” inside create next folder “test”
    5. In folder test create RPF archive named “test” it will looks like:
      SCREENSHOT 1
    6. Put objects what you want to spawn in game to your test.rpf archive. In this example object: test2017.ydr with embedded collisions (didn’t tested with .ybn yet)
    7. Now create test.ytyp file and put to your test.rpf archive and edit it. Example for test2017.ydr object:
      SCREENSHOT2
      Important thing1 – if object have embedded collision you need to place object name in: <physicsDictionary>test1</physicsDictionary>
      Other way collision will not work
      Important thing2 – if object have external textures (.ytd) you need to put name of ytd file in:
      <textureDictionary/>
      Important thing3 – bbmin/bbmax – test with it, must be bigger then coordinates of your object otherwise object will vanish on camera turn or you will have big shadow square on ground around main character near that object or simply object will be invisible
      8.Next step is to define where to put test2017.ydr object in game so create test01.ymap:
      SCREENSHOT3
      Important thing – flags must be 0 other value will unable map to spawn, dunno how its with contentFlags but for safe I have it too at 0 (dunno whats it and for what but for now I know that 0- map works other value not work
      9.Now we need to define content.xml and setup2.xml (these files must be in main dlc.rpf archive)
      setup2.xml:
      SCREENSHOT4

and content.xml
    screenshot5
    now test in game :)

This is what i know for now and tested, other things is LODs, car placement ybn collisions but this i need to test before i will tell about it :)

• @Dekurwinator You literally just rendered this thread useless. Anyways, THANK YOU!!!!!

@Dekurwinator

My mind is blown...

How can I duplicate a hangar... Like if I wanted to take a hangar from Zancudo and put it at LSIA where the garbage trucks park?

I always have wanted to make a California Air National Guard hangar there to put the awesome F-16 fighters.

• @DarthPungz give me few mins :)

• @DarthPungz
    You want hangar from zancudo at ls airport so first you need to find object:

1. In x64s/levels/gta5/_hills/country_03/cs3_07.rpf theres open hangar cs3_07_hanger05.ydr, it uses cs3_07_3.ybn collision file, but you can see theres other buildings in that collision, so extract only cs3_07_hanger05.ydr rename it to unique name for example test_hanger05.ydr and place that file to your test.rpf archive.
    2. You need to find out what textures use this object so in x64s/levels/gta5/_hills/country_03/ country_03_metadata.rpf/ country_03_metadata_001_strm.ytyp you see that cs3_07_hanger05.ydr object using CS3_07_Build01.ytd so find it and extract to desktop and rename it to unique name like test_build1.ytd and place it to your test.rpf archive.
    3. Edit test.ytyp file in your test.rpf archive:
      Screenshot1
    4. Edit your test01.ymap:
      Screenshot2
      Test in game :)

This object for test is without collision but easy you can make in 3dsmax or zmod

@Dekurwinator

You have blown my mind twice in one day!!! I am going to have to try and understand all this! It is very exciting to me. THANK YOU!

• @Dekurwinator Mind blown! :) Very good work!!

We live in very exciting times for GTA V! :)

• I expect very cool maps (homes/garages, etc) to appear in the 'maps' section soon. :) Seriously, though, this could become VERY big.

• so people , is this a new thing in gta 5 , are we able now to edit the map like removing : buildings , adding our own buildings ???

@huntrino yes, since the last Open IV update :)

• @huntrino so we can remove buildings ? :D Greaat

@huntrino

What I would like to figure out is how to remove or edit a vehicle spawn anchor...

Like the limos and the van in front of the hangar at LSIA... I want them gone forever!

• @DarthPungz
    Parked cars are stored in ymaps, so first you need to find proper car. In this case is easy cuz not too many limos at airport :D So:
    1.Find and edit file: x64l/levels/gta5/_cityw/airport_01/airport_metadata.rpf/ap1_01_a_strm_0.ymap
    and
    update\x64\dlcpacks\mpheist\dlc.rpf\x64\levels\gta5_cityw\airport_01\airport_metadata.rpf\hei_ap1_01_a_strm_0.ymap
    (If you have copy in mods folder – delete there)

2.Delete this: (from 726 to 753 line)
    <Item>
    <position x="-1626.97300000" y="-3127.47300000" z="12.85458000"/>
    <orientX value="9.90677100"/>
    <orientY value="7.94644000"/>
    <perpendicularLength value="8.00000000"/>
    <carModel>stretch</carModel>
    <flags value="3680"/>
    <bodyColorRemap1 value="-1"/>
    <bodyColorRemap2 value="-1"/>
    <bodyColorRemap3 value="-1"/>
    <bodyColorRemap4 value="-1"/>
    <popGroup/>
    <livery value="-1"/>
    </Item>
    <Item>
    <position x="-1632.49900000" y="-3120.11600000" z="12.85458000"/>
    <orientX value="8.69559500"/>
    <orientY value="11.85228000"/>
    <perpendicularLength value="7.99999900"/>
    <carModel>stretch</carModel>
    <flags value="3680"/>
    <popGroup/>
    <livery value="-1"/>
    </Item>
    3.Save file and test in game :)
    And here tip for map creation you can place own cars on your created map in custom ymap under <carGenerators> for example to spawn Titan at new created hangar at airport it will be:
    <carGenerators>
    <Item>
    <position x="-1052.59400000" y="-3483.12500000" z="13.64459000"/>
    <orientX value="6.43765300"/>
    <orientY value="11.30751000"/>
    <perpendicularLength value="7.10776900"/>
    <carModel>titan</carModel>
    <flags value="3683"/>
    <popGroup/>
    <livery value="-1"/>
    </Item>
    </carGenerators>

@Dekurwinator Thank you for coaching me on this! I will try to give it a try on Friday :)

@Dekurwinator

How might I edit the ground to make a taxi path and parking area in front of the hangar and a floor to the hangar (removing grass).

Haha... I don't mean to be a bother I greatly appreciate your kind support.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.