GTA V Jaggies Worst Ever!

• @eshenk I can give you my current gameconfig that im using right now. Its a little bit higher values then folder 1 in my gameconfig upload. I also reduced down parked cars. I increased vehicle spacing by 20 on almost each line but havent really paid much attention yet if its noticeable over the original values for vehicle spacing. I have around 6-9 higher quality gun models, some of the billboards, 6 or 7 replacement cars and some higher quality textures but nothing over 2k resolution unless its inside an addon car model which is fine.
    If you use Rockstar editor decrease line 381 to 350. If you use addon Peds go to line 587 id bump it up by 100-250.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/e6eeg2b08w2g9vn/eshenk+gameconfig.rar

let me know how it works.

• Banned

@Willief23 Thanks, I don't use the editor ever. You mention vehicle spacing, and that caught my attention immediately. I have been tinkering with those values forever. There are 16 base and and max values, and my modified values are shown below -

<VehicleSpacing_Base>
    <VehicleSpacing_0_Base value="5"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_1_Base value="110"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_2_Base value="88"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_3_Base value="55"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_4_Base value="20"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_5_Base value="20"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_6_Base value="20"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_7_Base value="16"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_8_Base value="12"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_9_Base value="8"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_10_Base value="8"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_11_Base value="8"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_12_Base value="8"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_13_Base value="8"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_14_Base value="8"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_15_Base value="8"/>
    </VehicleSpacing_Base>
    <VehicleSpacing>
    <VehicleSpacing_0 value="5"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_1 value="110"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_2 value="88"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_3 value="55"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_4 value="20"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_5 value="20"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_6 value="20"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_7 value="16"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_8 value="12"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_9 value="8"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_10 value="8"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_11 value="8"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_12 value="8"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_13 value="8"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_14 value="8"/>
    <VehicleSpacing_15 value="8"/>

The issue is I want to decrease spacing in downtown areas, while increasing spacing in the Countryside. In the Country, vehicles are practically on top of each other, while in the city, much further apart. The issue is I don't know how these values are applied - per region of game? If so, how to know which values effect which regions?

Also, do you know what the below values effect?

<VehicleCullRange_Base value="251"/>
    <VehicleCullRange value="311"/>

EDIT: I did manage to get traffic bumper to bumper in front of the golf course, it was wonderful to see, but is much harder to get looking like that downtown.

• @eshenk you mean you dont use OpenIVs editor? cause i never use it either id rather extract the file and use notepad ++ and edit the values that way.

Also on vehiclecullrange i think i read it on gtaforums that it has something to do with draw distance. I remember seeing it on the gtaforums but cant remember exactly what it did.

Edit. I just barely starting playing around with vehicle spacing values in gameconfig would take me till thursday or friday to see what exactly it does.

• Banned

@Willief23 Cull as in culling seems to indicate what you are describing. Editor, I thought you meant Rockstar editor, LOL. Any how, I have more ideas to get my jaggies under control. I have Boris's ENB, which I turned off MSAA because I enabled SMAA in a sweetFX preset. I am now going to turn it on to see if that makes a difference. I take it you don't know about the reason for why there are 16 different vehicle spacing values, and how/where/when they are applied?

@eshenk
    I have MSAA over Boris' ENB active, both options on MSAA/FXAA over ReShade (see here for those settings) and 8x MSAA in my GTA V settings. I find the jaggies acceptable that way. Haven't focused on AA via Nvidia Inspector yet.

• @Willief23 said in GTA V Jaggies Worst Ever!:

OpenIV will randomly make files corrupted especially if you are replacing them alot.

Hm... if you report such issues to OpenIV team it might get fixed.

• @eshenk said in GTA V Jaggies Worst Ever!:

Looking at your screenshot, you should see you can use either FXAA or MFAA, which are both turned off.

FXAA is nothing more than the poor man's AA and is a last resort type of thing if your PC can't handle proper AA. MFAA needs MSAA to be enabled in-game to work... which kinda defeats the object of what I am trying to do.

This is what Guru3D says about MFAA:

To enable MFAA you will need to select it at driver level, and in game set your MSAA mode like so (MFAA will only be applied when a supported application is rendering with 2x MSAA or greater).

So MSAA has to be enabled in-game, for MFAA to work.

@GooD-NTS said in GTA V Jaggies Worst Ever!:

@Willief23 said in GTA V Jaggies Worst Ever!:

OpenIV will randomly make files corrupted especially if you are replacing them alot.

Hm... if you report such issues to OpenIV team it might get fixed.

couldn't resist to reply... eg, try to import more then 10 to 15 liveries in 4096x4096 size.
    Either OpenIV will CTD or the YTD will become corrupt and mess up all other textures inside.
    This also happens when the YTD itself is less then 20MB in filesize.

On topic: is there a proper guide somewhere on how to get the most out of MSAA/MFAA/FXAA/AA options using ENB/V itself/Nvidia Inspector? See eg last year's GTAF post by @turtlevan

• @ReNNie i have noticed this too with the liveries.

Edit. And its 10-15 liveries any size. I tried around 14-16 liveries i think at 2k and still had the whole ytd file get corrupted.

• My best solution was using max DSR factors on my 1080P resolution.
    It took out all my jaggies....

Then again I play GTAV in 3D Vision only

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.