.ymt files not opening

• I'm currently having trouble with .ymt files. It's not that I don't know how to edit them, it's that I can't even open them. Whenever I use OpenIV to open a .ymt file, it gives me the following error:
    "OpenIV is unable to open this file. Error code: plrNotSupportedContentType"
    Does anyone have a solution to this? Maybe it's a virus on my computer preventing me from completing this task. I have OpenIV version 2.9 patch 205. (Either patch 905 or 205, I can't remember.)

• @0x49 Try this https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/meta-toolkit

But be aware that not all ymt files can be opened by that toolkit and not all of those that can be opened, can be put back into the game files.

It all depends on which YMT files you are trying to open. If you tell us that, we can give you a more accurate answer.

• @LeeC2202 I am trying to open ped .ymt files for components so that I can make my own player models.

• @0x49 Use that meta toolkit then, it works with ped ymt files.

I have used it to edit those and then put them back into the game. It hasn't always been 100% reliable though, I have had a couple of occasions where the ped model displayed strange behaviour after the ymt was replaced... even when no actual changes were made. Yet on others, it worked fine.

• @LeeC2202 Thank you for replying. I know what I'm about to say isn't related to this, but I am also having a bit of a problem with my "Social Club" folder. Somehow, it was corrupted after reinstalling the game and now I have to play Offline just for the game to load up. I tried this on an unmodded game as well, and yet the same effect.

• @0x49 There are two Social Club folders.

• I am speaking of the one located in: C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Social Club

• @0x49 I would be tempted to just uninstall the Social Club, manually delete that folder if it doesn't get removed during the uninstall and then reinstall the Social Club part of the game again.

• Okay, I'll try this.

• This may take longer than expected as I have forgotten my Social Club password the day I created my account.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.