Custom DLC Add-On - Replacing Models overriding metadata from past DLC

• I'm trying to replace a model via my own DLC Content, I have this as my setup2.xml, I know that having the content order at 99 puts it above all the other DLC, and it seems to actually work in terms of replacing the model and overriding other occurences everywhere else, but what it doesn't do is update the handling if one exists elsewhere. I did manage to make some progress adding <Item><NameHash>GROUP_UPDATE_DLC_METADATA</NameHash> <ContentChangeSets /></Item> this, but it doesn't seem to be working on the entityxf. It's still using the handling.meta from somewhere else. Any ideas? I have gotten it to work, but removing the entityxf from common.rpf data, and now my dlc metadata seems to work, but yeah. Just wondering if there's some way to completely override any other existing metadata files.

[code]
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <SSetupData>
    <deviceName>dlc_jzersche</deviceName>
    <datFile>content.xml</datFile>
    <timeStamp>00/00/0000 00:00:00</timeStamp>
    <contentChangeSetGroups>
    <Item>
    <NameHash>GROUP_STARTUP</NameHash>
    <ContentChangeSets>
    <Item>jzersche_AUTOGEN</Item>
    </ContentChangeSets>
    </Item>
    <Item>
    <NameHash>GROUP_TITLEUPDATE_STARTUP</NameHash>
    <ContentChangeSets />
    </Item>
    <Item>
    <NameHash>GROUP_POST_DLC_PATCH</NameHash>
    <ContentChangeSets />
    </Item>
    <Item>
    <NameHash>GROUP_UPDATE_DLC_PATCH</NameHash>
    <ContentChangeSets />
    </Item>
    <Item>
    <NameHash>GROUP_UPDATE_DLC_METADATA</NameHash>
    <ContentChangeSets />
    </Item>
    </contentChangeSetGroups>
    <startupScript />
    <scriptCallstackSize value="0" />
    <type>EXTRACONTENT_LEVEL_PACK</type>
    <order value="99" />
    <minorOrder value="0" />
    <isLevelPack value="true" />
    <dependencyPackHash />
    <requiredVersion />
    <subPackCount value="0" />
    </SSetupData>
    [/code]

• @JZersche well whoever told you order value of 99 LOL is WRONG. its suppose to be order value of 1 or 2. Also you can search handling.meta in openiv it will bring up all the handling.meta files and thus you can figure out where entityxf has its handling or any other model car. Problem solved.

• @Willief23 No-one told me anything about the order value, I had to figure it out myself, and it seems to work at 99.

This is the order in which DLC is loaded right? It would make sense for it to load this one last, replacing the others. If I set it to 1 or 2....

Let's see what happens. Will edit...

Lo and behold.. it still works. I remember I was having problems before when replacing vehicles, and setting that to 99 seemed to work strangely. It works at both 1 and 99 in terms of vehicle model replacement. I haven't tested how it affects metadata from other DLC yet. But setting this to 1 should override metadata as well? Hm, awesome will test it out.

• @JZersche if you set say a car addon pack you made your self to order value of 1 it will over ride most the other tuning modkit ids making the ones in your dlc valid before the vanilla game ones. So you want your order value at 1 or 2.

• @Willief23 said in Custom DLC Add-On - Replacing Models overriding metadata from past DLC:

well whoever told you order value of 99 LOL is WRONG. its suppose to be order value of 1 or 2.

Where did you get that information from?

I have 7 addon packs in my dlclist.xml and the order numbers start at 30 to make sure they are dealt with after the Rockstar dlc which runs to 25. If I was to change the order number to a value that clashed with the Rockstar dlc, it would cause problems as the later dlcpacks would supersede the data.

This has already been seen, proved and verified by several people discussing the modkit IDs.

<Item>dlcpacks:\pre1990\</Item> <!-- Order 30 -->
    <Item>dlcpacks:\post1990\</Item> <!-- Order 31 -->
    <Item>dlcpacks:\cspeds\</Item> <!-- Order 32 -->
    <Item>dlcpacks:\peds\</Item> <!-- Order 33 -->
    <Item>dlcpacks:\airtrike\</Item> <!-- Order 34 -->
    <Item>dlcpacks:\usaf\</Item> <!-- Order 35 -->
    <Item>dlcpacks:\offroad\</Item> <!-- Order 36 -->

• @LeeC2202 said in Custom DLC Add-On - Replacing Models overriding metadata from past DLC:

@Willief23 said in Custom DLC Add-On - Replacing Models overriding metadata from past DLC:

well whoever told you order value of 99 LOL is WRONG. its suppose to be order value of 1 or 2.

Where did you get that information from?

I have 7 addon packs in my dlclist.xml and the order numbers start at 30 to make sure they are dealt with after the Rockstar dlc which runs to 25. If I was to change the order number to a value that clashed with the Rockstar dlc, it would cause problems as the later dlcpacks would supersede the data.

This has already been seen, proved and verified by several people discussing the modkit IDs.

<Item>dlcpacks:\pre1990</Item> <!-- Order 30 -->
    <Item>dlcpacks:\post1990</Item> <!-- Order 31 -->
    <Item>dlcpacks:\cspeds</Item> <!-- Order 32 -->
    <Item>dlcpacks:\peds</Item> <!-- Order 33 -->
    <Item>dlcpacks:\airtrike</Item> <!-- Order 34 -->
    <Item>dlcpacks:\usaf</Item> <!-- Order 35 -->
    <Item>dlcpacks:\offroad</Item> <!-- Order 36 -->

That's exactly what I was saying. I figured with an order value of 99, my DLC will be loaded last and will not conflict with other DLC. When you're coding in CSS, when you have one style property, entering the same style afterwards, whatever style is entered last, overrides the previous. That's why I figured it had to be set to 99.. So. I'm not wrong then.

Setting it to 99, supercedes every other DLC. I'm right and you're wrong. :trophy: :trumpet:

• @LeeC2202 @JZersche if your order id values work for you two then stick with it. My order id values work for with me with all cars tuning working in my 2 addon packs.

• @Willief23 But you're using the carcols.ymt method which overrides the vanilla IDs.

The problem is you're telling people that something is wrong and it simply isn't. And what's worse, by adding your LOL comment, you're making it sound like the person who might have given that information doesn't know what they are talking about.

Providing alternate information is one thing, disrespecting someone else's information because it doesn't match yours, is another thing completely.

• @LeeC2202 said in Custom DLC Add-On - Replacing Models overriding metadata from past DLC:

@Willief23 But you're using the carcols.ymt method which overrides the vanilla IDs.

The problem is you're telling people that something is wrong and it simply isn't. And what's worse, by adding your LOL comment, you're making it sound like the person who might have given that information doesn't know what they are talking about.

Providing alternate information is one thing, disrespecting someone else's information because it doesn't match yours, is another thing completely.

^^ Your assessment of the order ID's is correct.

As for Willief23's carcols.ymt method, it looked very promising, but doesn't work (which is to say, with carcols.ymt, the game simply foregoes on certain checks, but you're still stealing ID's from vanilla cars; you're basically just masking your mistakes).

I've said it before, there are no magical endless ID's to be had. You cant get past the 8-bit value -- and changing the load order of things doesn't change that fact (all that does, is screw up your vanilla car ID's in a different order).

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.