Need help regarding mod installation.

• I have been trying to install a weapon mod. The mod page has instructions on where to put it but it just says to 'replace' all files. I have tried using the normal file location and OpenIV, with both I get an error called ERR_STR_FAILURE_3 soon after loading up single player. The only other mods I have installed is the Script hookV mod which works great but as soon as I try to install this other mod which has several .ydr .ytd file ends I get confused and don't know exactly what to do. Here is the mod I'm trying to install https://www.gta5-mods.com/weapons/m16a2-m203 My GTAV is verifying game files right now. Thanks for the help

• NEVER EVER replace original files!!! There is a reason why OpenIV warns you with a big red text box to not do it. Instead create a folder named mods in the main installation folder of GTA V. Then copy the original files you want to modify into that mods folder but also create the folder structure. Here is an example of what I mean with this. Let's say there is something you want to modify in the update.rpf. This file resides in the update folder. You must create a folder with the same name inside the mods folder. So you end up with "C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto V\mods\update\update.rpf" (that's for the retail version. The steam version might be different but anyway, everything below the main installation folder should be the same).
    Now start OpenIV and in the tree view at the left choose mods\update\update.rpf.

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.