First person driving effects

• Need something to fill driving in the first person. Maybe some motion blur or distance scaling effect. Maybe just camera shaking. Is this possible?

• @Blake93
    If its feeling of speed immersion you are looking for there are FOV mods that help alot.

• @Blake93 said in First person driving effects:

fill driving in the first person

"fill driving in the first person" Huh?!?

• @eshenk lol thats what i said. Sometimes you have to wonder wtf are they trying to say.

• @Willief23 BTW, the advice you gave me about spawn distances in vehicles.meta worked like a dream - I have not even the slightest level of pop-in at all, no matter how much chaos and mayhem I stir up, LOL.

• @eshenk glad it finally helped :)

• @Willief23 And now I am contemplating, adding this -

https://www.gta5-mods.com/maps/not-enough-palm-vegetation-increase-project

I think might as well just set my PC on fire now, LOL.

• @eshenk a little bit too much palm trees for me. at least you will get more usage out of your vram with that mod. id stick with things like the michael house full retexture mod. Loading in 1500 objects every game startup wont be fun.

• @Willief23 Agreed, but it really is WAY too bare in vanilla state. I am going to edit the xml to shed about 250 or so away, so it isn't so over-the-top.

• @eshenk @Willief23 Come on guys, take this conversation somewhere else, like PM. Stop derailing this thread.

• @V4D3R How does one derail a thread that doesn't even convey a discernible message, LOL.

Maybe some motion blur... Maybe just camera shaking. Is this possible?

@eshenk He's asking for these, if you haven't read the first post. And you are talking about some map mod.

• @V4D3R He's just like all the other's. Signs up just to post a single question, and then POOF disappears, never to be seen again. It's all the rage these days, haven't you noticed by now, LOL.

• @eshenk Even if he's a one time poster, you shouldn't start a discussion with someone about a topic completely irrelevant to the OP. Maybe he'll come back to see if the others have provided a solution. What will you think if someone started a off-topic discussion in one of your threads? I hope you understand. It's my job to keep this place organized, and I expect cooperation from other users.

@eshenk Not to gang up man but really... I read a lot of posts and you are starting to stand out as someone who is abrasive and rude to other users... I know that you have a lot to offer our community but I kindly implore you to take a breath before hitting the submit button and reflect on whether or your post is going to offend. Thank you for your consideration. Best wishes.

• @rastakilla said in First person driving effects:

@Blake93
    If its feeling of speed immersion you are looking for there are FOV mods that help alot.

The fov mods change the view angle. What i need is some kind of action to feel the speed effect.

• @eshenk said in First person driving effects:

@V4D3R He's just like all the other's. Signs up just to post a single question, and then POOF disappears, never to be seen again. It's all the rage these days, haven't you noticed by now, LOL.

I would appreciate you disappearing from this topic. Is that clear enough for you?

@rastakilla said in First person driving effects:

@Blake93

The fov mods change the view angle. What i need is some kind of action to feel the speed effect.

Incorrect sir, one must understand the way screen viewing distance,Field of Vision and Peripheral vision work .

Like I said for full sensation of speed immersion....correct FOV in First Person is essential by default the first person view in GTAV is simply to far forward from steering wheel field of view to actual road....after that there are a couple other features and hardware that gives me a great GTAV driving experience.

Now my sense of speed and throttle acceleration feels better and is even more exciting than actual racing sims like Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and Forza 3.
    They all feel bland and boring compared to my new GTAV build.

Depending on your response will determine if I will go in depth and guide you further.

@Blake93 said in First person driving effects:

@rastakilla said in First person driving effects:

@Blake93

Incorrect sir, one must understand the way screen viewing distance,Field of Vision and Peripheral vision work .

Like I said for full sensation of speed immersion....correct FOV in First Person is essential by default the first person view in GTAV is simply to far forward from steering wheel field of view to actual road....after that there are a couple other features and hardware that gives me a great GTAV driving experience.

Now my sense of speed and throttle acceleration feels better and is even more exciting than actual racing sims like Assetto Corsa, Project Cars and Forza 3.
    They all feel bland and boring compared to my new GTAV build.

Depending on your response will determine if I will go in depth and guide you further.

What build exactly are you talking about? I personally used fov mod only, changing fov to 60 degrees and that's it. The problem is, when I'm driving in 1st person, there is no much difference between 50 and 150 miles per hour. It still feels the same, unlike the 3rd person.

You know, there are others (like me) that read this thread with interest and would enjoy trying to make these changes too?

I still have to install Manual Transmission & Steering Wheel Support by ikt for a better driving experience

• @ReNNie
    @Blake93

FOV=50
    The one I use is this
    https://github.com/drdaxxy/gta5fov/releases

1440P resolution
    3D Vision=100% Max
    Ingame 3D Settings= 75% Convergence
    Bose QC 25 Headphones(Engine sound plays a huge part in speed immersion)
    G27 Wheel/Stick/Pedals
    Killatomate Realistic Driving( Real Speed Version)
    IKT Inverse Power Settings=

Power = 105
    Torque = 310
    Angle = 25
    Speed = 100
    Slope = 150
    Deadzone = 2.1

IKT Manual Transmission Force Feedback Settings=

[FORCE_FEEDBACK]
    Enable = 1
    GlobalMult = 100
    DamperMax = 80
    DamperMin = 20
    DamperTargetSpeed = 10.0
    PhysicsStrength = 160
    DetailStrength = 200

As for the feedback I'll paste Mr Vibrating's Experience to sum it up
    **I'll try to keep it under a thousand words as this is all time that could be spent just driving round SA with the insane craftwork that is this mod, but if anyone's still using the previous version, trust me, take the time to migrate your settings over to the latest version, did mine this afternoon and OMG, just utterly transformational..

The feedback, now, between tyres and FFB wheel, is a dynamic interaction - output torques cause input torques which cause counter-torques etc., and basically simulating realistic resonance between the steering rack, traction and angular / linear momenta.

Whereas before you could tear out of a corner onto a straight and floor it, now you're much busier at speed, controlling this interplay of potential energy to angular momentum bouncing through the chassis. Floor it on unsettled suspension and you'll feed the resonance. It's now harder to drive fast, but in a really rewarding way - skillz-honing, thrillingly addictive.

Drifting, now, is far more tactile and visceral - you can really grasp what the car's doing, what else it's willing to do and what it's not. Fault recovery is much more intuitive and responsive - especially corrections while skidding, and threshold steering and braking are easier to feel and control. There's just much more feedback, richer, more detailed and dynamic, massively increasing your feel for and thus appreciation of both the vehicles and the road surface.. and all the nuances of the interaction between them. It's more immersive, more alive than ever..

With KillaTomate's handling, there's also a lot more going on per unit distance in terms of player interaction with the gameworld - like i say, you're busier, more engaged and immersed in this tangible real-time feedback loop of momentum, kinetic and potential energies. This helps increase the sense of scale of the world, reducing that sense of 'toy town' you get from the cleverly-compressed but very dense use of space in GTA. With more feedback going on while driving at low speed along a short distance, your sense of space and time seem to dilate a little, adjusting your pacing to the scale of the world and making it seem more 1:1 realistic.

Gone are any sensations of clumsiness or unresponsiveness - there's no sense of dissociation between the wheel in your hands and what the car's doing, it's all there, a livewire connection to the game..

R* themselves couldn't have done a better job. Stating the obvious. Whatever, they should hire this guy.
    This is as close as we're likely to get to rFactor meets GTA.. Total respect and thanks a million to ikt!**

Now as for 3D Vision Enhancement hear me out...

This 3D Vision hardware is like a hidden gem for GTAV and I feel its well worth purchasing a 3D Monitor and GPU.
    I could never go back to 2d again.....you guys are truly missing out.
    Its really hard to have any sensation of speed and velocity in 2d GTAV.
    FOV helps alot in 2D games as you can see

As far as sound immersion listen to @01:08

3D Vision gives the game depth and great convergence through separation of images.
    So imagine these two roads
    alt text
    alt text

Immersion of speed comes from the lines and textures on the road and objects on the side of the road zooming past you.
    Its hard to get this feeling looking at a monitor in 2d. FOV helps but it just isn't immersive as 3D FOV.
    In 3D Vision you can make the buildings and trees and even street textures on the sides of these roads pop out and add depth to the road itself. I can see pretty much into my 3D screen at what's down the road as a full dimensional object.
    IE a turn or other cars on the road and mash the accelerator and zoom past them..this is very thrilling in GTAV.
    Along with every detail of engine RPM sound range directly in my ear as I control the throttle and make the car go faster....
    The car acceleration is felt through immersion because I also have these sounds of RPM and power telling my brain I'm accelerating faster.

This has been the most amazing GTA driving experience so far for me...especially with motorcycles through neighborhood streets at night. Though expensive I highly recommend you guys grab some 3D Vision hardware.
    VR like Occulus Rift and Vive give the same experience but at a lesser image quality in which I'm not satisfied with.

I think you all would be truly amazed if you got to play around with my GTAV 3D Vision build

Looks like your connection to GTA5-Mods.com Forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.