Posts made by a63nt-5m1th
RE: Modding advice (newbie)
In Enhanced Native Trainer (ENT) you need the config file to define what key to press to open it but not sure if it is the same for NativeTrainer.asi?! To rule it out can you download Enhanced Native Trainer & try that?
ENT Install Instructions (edited by me for clarity):
- Download scripthook
- Open the scripthook zip file, and inside the "bin" folder copy ScripthookV.dll and dinput8.dll to the ROOT of your GTA game folder (where GTA5.exe is). Note: Make sure files are unblocked (see pic below)
- Copy BOTH the "ent-config.xml" and "EnhancedNativeTrainer.asi" from ENT download to the main game folder (also make sure unblocked).
- Press F4, or RB + Y in-game (default bind. Can change in the config) to open.
Try that out & see what you get with ENT (even though you have scripthook.dll & dinput8.dll already, download new ones, unblock them & replace anyway).
If no luck, here are some more ideas:
- Uninstall & reinstall OpenIV's asi plugins.
- Try turning off your anti-virus & then test it
- Right-click all of your downloaded .dll & .asi files & make sure they are unblocked (see pic).
- Check file permissions for the Grand Theft Auto V folder & make sure scripthook/trainers/OpenIV etc have the ability to write to that folder. Right-click folder/drive > 'Security' Tab > Make sure allow boxes are ticked (full instructions here)
- Maybe also take Ownership of that hard drive/Grand Theft Auto V folder (Win10 Instructions here)
- Do you have a Function ('Fn') key on your keyboard? Test using Fn+F4 to open trainer if you do (info here)
RE: Modding advice (newbie)
Yep, that's perfect. Ah, there you go, got your solution
'NativeTrainer.asi' should be in your main 'Grand Theft Auto V' folder not in the 'scripts' folder.
That'll fix it
Note: ALL '.asi' files always go in the main game folder ( 'Grand Theft Auto V') so any others you get in future put them there too
[SCRIPT] - A Placeable Time Trial/Checkpoint Marker & Lap Timer
Placable Time Trial Checkpoint -
I reckon this should be pretty easy for someone with even basic scripting skills to make (might make a good first project perhaps?) & I can see it being popular with those who drive on modded racetrack maps & such. Might interest mod authors that create their own handling too.
The simplest way I envision this is that the player picks a point somewhere on the road, hits a controller combo or keyboard key to set it's location. Then if they drive over that location in a vehicle a timer starts & displays somewhere on the screen (top right would be my preference). If they then drive over that spot again the timer records the lap record displaying the fastest lap & starts a new lap. A fastest lap visual record permantly displayed, the current lap timer & maybe the last couple of lap times would be all that was needed.
There's no need to define the race course or add section checkpoints or anything as complicated as that. Something simple, just drop the marker & get straight into time trialing the vehicle you're driving. The Player then decides which route to take before returning to the checkpoint marker. This allows for a lot of freedom & as long as the same route is run the times will be valid for comparison.
I'm a driver & a time trial fanatic. I have my favourite routes with a variety of different corners that I use to test out vehicles & their handling. Having a visual timer to work off of would make a huge difference to the accuracy of what I do & remove any need to hit a stopwatch with my nose or teeth (I don't do that lol but it's just about the only other way I could semi-accurately record lap times).
If the author wanted to add a visual Start/Finish line marker prop or even a checkered line over the road I feel this might gain wider appeal but all I really require is the lap timer
Thanks to anyone who considers doing this
RE: Weird frame desync like problems with mods on
Need a bit more info to have a go at solving this:
- System specs?
- Frame rate? (Min, Max, Average for both mods On & Off).
- Gaming on Desktop PC or Laptop?
- What mods are you using?
- New install or played fine & has just started happening?
- Happen all the time in all weathers or only in certain circumstances?
- Other games play fine?
- Is your Mom hot? If so, what's her number? (that's a joke , probably a bad one).
- Any other information you deem relevant?
Give us that info & I'll have a better idea of what might be going on.
Best Guess: You don't have enough RAM. Maybe try Shader Cache: ON in Nvidia Control Panel (not sure of AMD equivalent name) if not on already.