I've been modding for a few months now and the recent update is a first time experience for me. I downloaded the latest scripthook on August 16th and now my game will not launch. It loads the Rockstar loading screen then it disappears and nothing happens. Any fix to this?
Posts made by blucker
Game will not launch
RE: mods in mods folder not working
Okay, we all may have to wait a couple days for the updated script hook but for the time being I figured out a way around this.
**Disclaimer, this only worked for me as I already have multiple versions of my game saved as backups &/or different modded versions.
If you have multiple copies of GTA 5, this may work.
You may want to pull up 2 or 3 File Explore windows for this...
- Make a folder and name it GTA Launchers
- In that folder, make 2 sub folders called ‘new’ & ‘old’ for new updated and old update
- Take everything listed below in the current GTA V directory as 8/11/2020 (or the date that you updated your game) and copy & paste into the new folder for back up purposes.
- In the older GTA V directory, copy those exact files and paste them into the ‘old’ folder.
- You should have 7 files in each folder.
- Take the old files and place them into your updated GTA V directory and replace file destinations. This will revert the game back to the old form.
When the updated script hook comes out, just take all the files from the ‘new’ folder and place them into the updated game directory.
Files in my GTA V directory that were updated.
I am not responsible for any issues with your game, this is the step by step that I did and it worked. Hope this helps.