I want to showcase my current WIP GTA V Map Editor for alt:V.
Feel free to join my Discord for the early access version & the most recent dev blogs: https://discord.gg/hgSutAU
Durty Map Editor is possibly the most advanced (except "offline tools" like Codewalker) Map Editor for GTA V with inbuilt support for Multiplayer Mapping Sessions (See the video below). It is currently in early development but has already a lot to offer. Because of the way its built, it doesnt require you to install anything else besides the GTA V (Multiplayer) Mod alt:V to be installed.
So because of the way it is built, it is sometimes confusing who the target of such a editor would be. Heres a list.
You dont want this if:
- You want to create base layout (Floors, Walls, Collissions etc.) of a interior map / MLO
- You use custom / modded objects for your mappings
You want this if:
- You want an easy to use Map Editor, straight forward & self explaining
- You dont want the hassle of installing several mods and mod requirements to get started with mapping
- You want continues development & new features added to your Map Editor
- You want great tools to work with, supporting you on creating amazing maps
- You want to map together with friends at the same map
- You want the best in game objects browser for GTA V (With more than 60 filters to search your object)
- You want to create exterior maps / add props to your custom MLO / interior (WIP feature)
- You want an easy way to convert maps from any format to any format
And a lot more, but these are the most important bullet points I guess..
Some of the current features:
- Full multiplayer mapping support (Map with your friends, see their changes live), objects are locked to you when you edit them
- Map Editor is completely toggleable, decide whether you test & cruise on your map or work on it
- Action multipliers everywhere, you can always use CTRL, SHIFT & Space to speed up any actions or your freecam movement
- Is built to feel smooth even tho every action is synced with your mapping friends
- Very intuitive UI to get you started right away without reading any annoying manuals
- Save, Load & Manage different maps
- Export & Import maps from anywhere, to anywhere! (Map Editor Mod, Menyoo, Community Races, Rpf Archives, Ymap Xmls, R* Jobs, even export formats like already encrypted ymaps)
- "Freelooking mode": Allows to move over the map in freecam mode, copy world objects, delete placed objects, snap placed objects
- "Snapped mode": Allows for replacing objects & changing rotation, deleting the object & aborting editing (restoring last pos/rot)
- "Selected mode": Allows for very detailed editing of object (pos & rot), deleting the objects, copying object & aborting editing (restoring last pos/rot)
- Inbuilt Object Browser allows you for searching thru more than 143000 available objects & previewing them before placing them based on the most complete object list existing
- Filters for the Object Browser like "Dlc Patch, Is Ladder, Is Door, Is Animated, Has Explosion Effect.." and many more allowing you to find exactly that object you are searching for
- Support for working with collissionless objects, no placing of objects without collission and not beeing able to edit them anymore..
- Custom modded objects for use in your maps which are fully automated packed & exported to alt:V resources
- Ready to use "alt:V Resource" export that creates & sends you a full alt:V dlc resource with all custom models you have used on your map
- Many inbuilt tools to get you finished quick with those annoying tasks like
- Object to ground tool, allows for perfectly placing objects on the ground or on other objects (tables etc.)
- Rotation copy tool, allows for quickly applying a copied rotation on other objects
- World inspector tool, allowing you to inspect ymaps to find prop names, special data & more. All ingame and live
- Looping generator tool, is the perfect tool for those old school loopings or wallrides created from any object
- Camera scene creator tool, is the perfect tool for creating cinematics or short trailers for your map
- Movement recorder tool, allows you to record you driving your race map (for example) & replay it to perfectly tweak jumps and more
- Objects stacking tool, is your friend when it comes to quickly stack or fill areas horizontally / vertically
- Photo tool, gives you the perfect tool set to create those beautiful images of your map
- Many more features, check them out in our discord (invite url below)!
I will update this lists as the Map Editor progresses.
Current images & videos:
Please join my discord below for most recent screenshots & see this playlist for the most recent videos:
Join the discord to receive most recent updates & informations about the map editor: https://discord.gg/hgSutAU
Also check my patreon page if you want to support this project: https://www.patreon.com/durtymapeditor/
Check out our website for a overview of the Map Editor: https://durty.me/
Stay tuned for more updates.