Finally managed to record a decent video. I'll probably try and make a trailer showcasing the main (and most fun) features of the script at release.
Posts made by Eddlm
RE: [SCRIPT] [WIP] Convoys & Other Hits
Anyone reading, still working on it. I'm working closely with a few vanillaworks guys to help adding popular features and building ideas for convoys. I've set up a Trello board so people are better informed about what's being worked on, and the overall progress.
Check it out here. Go there to stay tuned daily, doesn't look like this thread is getting attention so I won't post much more here.
Pics of the progress.
[SCRIPT] [WIP] Convoys & Other Hits
My latest project. I'd like to write a long post but I don't have the time, so you get a few snippets.
No links to download yet, but a video will come soon.
This script is a mission pack revolving hitting convoys with different goals. As simple as that.
Philosophy behind the script
The main idea has been, since the start of development, to provide the player with a mission system that gives three things at once.
- A chase/combat system that tests their abilities. AI has common sense, defined roles, and players will need to develop strategies for some of the harder missions.
- The system had to make use of Add-On vehicles, which add to the fun an help A LOT keeping the variety and replayability up.
- The ability to create your own missions and edit the existing ones however you like. Believe me, that's half the fun. Through experimenting, you can get pretty cool setups which are fun to fight against.
I've always despised the way some players tackle games, just bringing the biggest gun possible to the fight.
This script also aims to provide challenges which cannot be solved by brute force. The very thing you need to complete the mission is being driven by the enemies, so you will need a way to efficiently take them out without damaging it.
RPGs or tanks wont work, and sometimes, an SMG burst won't either. Some convoys have huge ammounts of backup and WILL overwhelm you. Sometimes, not even an armored vehicle will be enough. But a few rounds of sniper fire, bringing your own backup, or disabling the escorts/backup so they cannot keep up with the chase, that can do the job nicely.
The script also plays on time windows, and its design favors quick, clean jobs. Sometimes, the best way to take a convoy out relies on a fast bike and a stopwatch.
While the main procedure for the mission is hardcoded (convoy AI, mission progress, etc), the missions are actually xml files which define almost 100% of the content of the mission and the behavior of the mission entities.
I won't waste time explaining each option. Just take a look at an example of a mission file.
This allows me to create all kinds of setups for the player to go against. Hundreds of combinations can be defined there.
From VIP convoys driving an actress to a movie to standard Vagos drug runs, prisoner transfers, Merryweather moving hardware to an unknown location, Humane Labs' van retrieving whatever to their base... The possibilities are, in a way, endless.
Here are some examples of missions I have defined already, 100% working as intended.
While all of that is nice and dandy, there are a few, limited, possible objetives for a mission. You can be asked to retrieve a vehicle, kill a VIP, rescue a person, to name some.
This defines the overall behavior and procedures of the mission, without compromising all the other details you defined.
For example, a Retrieve vehicle mission won't play like a Kill VIP mission, but Retrieve vehicle missions will have the same base procedure (get a hold of the car, drop it off at X location). All other details are still at play, so different Retrieve vehicle missions will vary thanks to that. You can be stealing a luxury vehicle from a rich man, preventing a dangerous military-grade car from reaching the wrong hands, retrieving a car being currently impounded, etc. Each one with the details all still applying, from the file I've shared earlier.
A convoy consists of:
- Main vehicle: The vehicle holding the item/person you want.
- Cargo: The entity you want. It can be a person, an item, or another vehicle. It is always held in the main vehicle, even if its a vehicle in itself.
- Escort: Set of vehicles which follow or lead the main vehicle.
- Backup: Set of vehicles which will come to aid the convoy should the main vehicle be compromised.
All four have their own role in the mission and will act according to that. Including the cargo, if it happens to be a person.
Expect the main vehicle to avoid conflict at all costs while trying to get to their destination, while the Escort and Backup focus on the cargo's integrity. And lack of yours, hehe.
Again, infinite. But I have a few examples of convoys I've already set up.
Not a full list by any means.
The convoys have a few AI tweaks to make them more competent at their job. This includes:
- Better pathing (read: can go offroad)
- Various driving maneuvers (ram, brakecheck)
And a few others I won't spoil.
The script can make use of add-on peds, vehicles and weapons.
I plan on fully supporting:
- Vanillaworks Extended
- Dispatch of Variety
- Bolingbroke Penitentiary Prison Vehicles
This simply means you'll see those models used by the script.
By the way, that's support, not requirement. The script will work perfectly without any add-ons, but the missions which require those add-ons won't be able to be played.
- Mission procedures: 70%
- AI: 95%
- Mission spawner: 70%
- Dynamic mission injector: 0%
- Customization via XML: 70%
In the future, don't know when.
I don't have much time to work on it and there's still a lot to be done.
Hope you like what you have read, depending on how well it goes I might release a testing version here for those interested in helping me iron out the bugs and issues. Not sure.
This is a big one for me, so I'm wary of script thieves and sneaky youtubers, and these kind of people. I've seen them at work already.
Any ideas for missions or gameplay elements are always welcome. Also modpacks to support.
RE: [WIP] Speed Radars for Los Santos
Because if you do, I might have a surprise for you.
@CSYON This is a work of thirty minutes and so its not very elegant or detailed, but the speed radar functionality is there. When I find some more time I'll implement the red flash, I assume you mean a red light in the prop, right?
Regarding speed limits we can either figure them out from the roads themselves (road node flags) or define them ourselves, per zone. It wouldn't be a bad idea to pull the speed limits from @sorbas 's PullMeOver file, which is a script that deals with a similar concept.
RE: [WIP] SwitchV
@winject Pretty damn awesome dude!
One suggestion: Add a proper camera panning from the old ped to the new one. I recently learned how to do it and it will give the mod a free and really cool vanilla-looking effect.
SET_CAM_ACTIVE_WITH_INTERPis your friend and you can reach me if you need help.
[WIP] [Released] - The GTAExtended Project
Aimed to make you experience the game properly, and interact with the world properly. GTAExtended is going to add game-changing mechanics like new vehicle interactions, a better combat/health system, dynamic animations. You'll now experience Grand Theft Auto V as intensely as you should.
Below there's a list of what's already done and what's planned, but not done yet.
Will take care of what happens in the world.
· General Feedback
Will take care of make sure you experience the world properly.
New Interactions with your vehicle:
· Open/Close trunk and hood: Just get near them and press E.
· Fix engine: With a wrench equipped, open your vehicle's hood and hit E.
· Vehicle carriers - Attach/Detach other cars: While driving the carrier, press G (Detonate key).
· Exit by the right side: Exit normally, keeping the wheels turned to the right.
· Keep handbrake ON: Press the Handbrake key while completely stopped. Press it again to release the handbrake.
Change various in-vehicle animation styles
Enable self-drive (modern vehicles)
Store/Retrieve weapon from trunk
Roll down/up driver's window
Replace blown tire
New interactions with the World:
· Grab ped/prop: While in Stealth and Unarmed, press E near the ped/prop you want to grab. Press E again to drop it.
A secondary module, its goal is to help improve the experience via screen and audio effects, supporting the features the Gameplay Module implements.
· Low Health: A set of screen effects will be displayed on screen when you're low on health, letting you know you have a foot on the grave. As a side effect, this lets you play without a HUD and still know how much life you have in you.
· On Hit: Another set of quicker screen effects will play if your health or armor have been hit, you won't miss any damage done to you.
· Vehicle crashes: Any hit hard enough will make your screen shake, giving impacts way more weight.
· Vehicle scrapping: Scraping against the ground or other entities will make the camera vibrate to represent the scraping.
· Burnouts: Burnouts will also make the camera vibrate.
Album: - Updated regularly
Keep in mind there's way more to come, this project will grow stronger over the coming months.
Keep also in mind this is going to be a titanic effort for me, as I'm going to need to figure out ways to make everything work without conflicting with other scripts, and each other. So I ask you patience, and as much feedback as possible.
Documenting all of this is going to be a bitch, so sorry if its not as clear as water. Contact me on Discord/Steam if you have any questions or can't figure out how the hell a feature works.