@eshenk Sorry for the late response. I wouldn't mind helping with beta-testing just let me know exactly what is expected and we'll go from there. I'll provide the link to the files soon.
Posts made by EvolutionXIII
VehicleUpperLimit / Gameconfig
I'm trying to get a certain amount of vehicles to spawn at a given amount of time. Problem is that my game crashes anywhere from a few seconds to a few mins whenever I raise the VehicleUpperLimit anything above 250.
I've tried raising the following:
Raised by a few hundred to thousands and same results.
Using a slightly modified version of Dilapidated gameconfig.
Anyone knows why this is?
Also, I've seen people all over this site with crashing issues related to gameconfig but no one has even posted a guide of any kind as to what the values do. Maybe we can make a thread and have everyone just post what little they know about the values there and combine everything after to help people as no one config seems to work for all.
RE: Codewalker Paths
I managed to fix it to some degree. Was an error in the popcycle from a copy and paste from a test I was doing. There are some roads that have more traffic than others though and it seems to have something else other than those files mention controlling it.....then again, there may be something wrong with my gameconfig.
I'm trying to get my traffic density to a certain point of realism. The problem is that the freeway coming out if the tunnel from Del Perro to Little Seol and then to the Freeway (which doesn't start until the second overpass) is divided into different into different sections. Going into popcycle or gameconfig and changing values there will affect the entire section and not just the freeway of the respected area. This is where I'm at a standstill cause while lowing the values causes less traffic in the freeway, it also does the same for the city area causing it to appear almost empty.
Is there a way I can get the values changed with codewalker to maybe make that part of the freeway one whole section?
Is there a way to make change the traffic density of the freeway by changing the nodes values?
Is there a real guide of any kind that says exactly what the values does for the nodes and for codewalker as a whole? (The youtube videos doesn't tell me much)
Help me solve my list of problems
I'm sure some of these can't be fixed but I'll ask anyway.
- When driving on narrow corners, cars tend to randomly swerve into my lane as if they are trying to avoid me hitting them. Problem is, they are turning left into my lane when they should be turning right.
- The random police chases are annoying as they happen every 2-5 mins. I know about A.I Police Pursuits Disabler but I don't want to completely disable the chase. How can I edit randomevents.ymt to fix it? OpenIV isn't letting export it.
- There are some modded cars that have very bright dash light that's blinding at night. Is there any way I can edit this? Maybe editing a texture file, visualsettings or timecycle. Normally I'd avoid such cars but It happens with some AAA cars that I can't part with.
- I'm not sure if it's how I increase traffic density by a lot why this is happening but most traffic cars that spawn are either black or white.
- A lot of the times while I'm sitting in traffic, the car behind me will try to overtake me even when there is a car right in front of me and they almost always just run into me.
- I give all the modded car I add to the game there own id in carcol and carvariations but is the light id important as well? i can use the same id over and over without problems so I never really change what's there but I did noticed that some cars high beams are much more dim than others.
Any help with any of these will be gladly appreciated.
I'm using L.S traffic which spawns the correct amount of cars I'm looking for but I have a problem on the highways. There are way too many cars spawning at a time and it even crashes my game in a few major intersections. I've been adjusting all the values hoping to find something that lets me control traffic only on the highway but so far these lines below are all that I see making some kind of changes (mostly PlayerRoadDensity) but it's taking way too much time. Does anyone know what exactly what these lines do? Or better yet, know of a way to solve my problem?
P.s. These aren't the values I'm currently using.
RE: Right Hand Drive Cars
Thank you both so much. I took (too much) time learn about how all these mods work months ago but the vehiclelayouts.meta had always confused me.
Both methods work great but I found ReNNie's to be more time-saving as I didn't have any other LHD vehicles using vehiclelayouts. Although F7YO method will come in handy as I find more cars that have vehiclelayouts so I'll definitely be using it soon
For anyone who is trying to do this in the future, it's shockingly very easy. All you have to do is follow what ReNNie said and install
Install the Mazda Rx7 (I ended up using its entire folder as a base for a RHD cars only addon) and use its vehiclelayouts.meta.
Go into vehicles.meta and search for LAYOUT_LOW_ RHD Some cars a have different name to the one I highlighted in bold such as the 2016 Honda NSX (NC1) which has LAYOUT_LOW_ NC1. All that you need to do is change the NC1 to RHD and that's it.
Go to context.xml and make sure you have this added:
<filename>dlc:/data/ai/vehiclelayouts.meta</filename> (change the location to whatever you have it as)
<overlay value="false" />
<disabled value="true" />
<persistent value="false" />
After you have all that added all you have to do is follow step 2 for all future cars and that's it.
Right Hand Drive Cars
I'm trying to get right-hand drive cars into a vehicle pack to save DLC limit space ofc. I already have a DLC folder with left-hand drive that works perfectly so I narrowed my problem down to the vehiclelayouts.meta. What happens is that whenever I add vehicles and try to spawn into them, I spawn outside and the game crashes if I try to enter. I honestly have no idea how to edit vehiclelayouts even though I have a blank one from one of the forums I searched.
Can anyone tell me what my mistake is and highlight it or show me an example?