I had it enabled by default but then I found out these ads are not intrusive at all (for now), so I disabled it. Thanks for reminding me
Posts made by kamild1996
RE: Disable ad-block feature so that more ads revenue
Easy-to-access thread for complete modding beginners
My first post here, welcome everyone!
Let's say someone who has completely no clue how to install mods (like me) types in Google "gta v mods" and notices your website being in the first position. He loads up the page, his first impression could be: "That's a lot of mods! I'd like to go ahead and install some of those in my game! But how do I do that? What do I need to know?"
Seeking the answer, he would probably come here to forums, looking for assistance. And here's the problem. There's a tutorial section, which is quite a mess, and browsing through it could be a struggle. For modding newbies, it would be a good idea to compile a "Beginner's Guide to GTA V Modding" tutorial (which should be stickied for visibility) that would contain all the information needed to start using mods. Since I'm an example of such a n00b, I'll give you examples of questions such a person could ask themselves:
- What do I need to do before installing a mod? Do I have to use some kind of tool?
- How do I go with installing it?
- Are mods compatible with specific game versions? Are they backward/forward compatible? How do I check?
- Should I be making backups? If so, how?
- If my game breaks or no longer starts, what do I do? Can I diagnose which mod is causing that?
- Will mod x collide with mod y? How can I tell?
- Will this mod work online? Should I be using it online in the first place? Is there a chance of getting banned because of it?
There are probably even more things a person should know about modding. Could such a thread please be created? That would help your website improve in some way