I think your right. I did mess around a bit more before I saw you post and I have it working at the moment. I uses hard links instead of symbolic links for most of the files and did use No_GTAVLauncher to start the game.
What I did at the moment:
- Have the game installed at ...\games\GTAV
- Made a new map ...\games\GTAV Mod
- Did hardlink all files from ...\games\GTAV to ...\games\GTAV Mod
- Except the .exe and .dll files in the root of the game directory
- Installed scripthook and Simple Trainer
Now when I click GTAVLauncher in de modded version, the game starts, but its the non-modded version that starts. Here we have probably the registry that comes intro play. When I use No_GTAVLauncher (from LS-Multiplayer Team) the game also starts, and I have the modded version now (with scripthook and Simple Trainer working).
So I think I'm on the right way.
I have two versions, they share the biger files I don't gone edit and the files and the files I want to edit later I can easily overwrite (delete the hardlink and copy - past the real file to the new location when needed, but with the mod-folders I don't think that I will need that). I'm happy at the moment but I think No_GTAVLauncher is messing with my graphic settings (can't use my normal resolution). So time to mess around a but more. Thanks for you're input.
Have 2 (or 3) options now
- Write a .bat file that exicute a .reg edit and starts the GTA version I want
- Copy out my GTAV files out of ...\games\GTAV and place symbolic links to the version I need instead
- Leave it and use No_GTAVLauncher or a other Launcher
Thanks for the input.