Just wanted to share my experience so far (probably well known for more experienced modders).
Scenario file “del_perro_beach.ymt” turned to be difficult to understand. Hashes are 8-digits while available on Inet hashes of peds (e.g. https://wiki.rage.mp/index.php?title=Peds) are 10 digits. Worked around it following way:
- Using CodeWalker (https://www.gta5-mods.com/tools/codewalker-gtav-interactive-3d-map) found that all female peds resting on (as example) Del-Perro beach belong to the “SUNLOUNGER” group (probably scenario could be edited right from CodeWalker, but this is beyond my expertise at the moment).
- Added my ped to the “SUNLOUNGER” group in “ambientpedmodelsets.meta”
AND – IN THE SAME TIME – added my peds to the file “popgroups.ymt” in “del_perro_beach” area.
It looks like that if I have (again, talking as example) two peds (“my_ped_1” and “my_ped_2”) and I add them BOTH to the group “SUNLOUNGER”, but in “popgroups.ymt” I add “my_ped_1” only to the area “del_perro_beach”, while “my_ped_2” – only to the area “vespucci_beach”, then:
- “my_ped_1” will sunbath only on Del Perro beach,
- “my_ped_2” will do the same only on Vespucci beach.
If the ped is only in “SUNLOUNGER” and not specified for the are in “popgroups.ymt” – I didn’t see it spawned in scenario points.
- Another personal discovery: ped models specified in particular areas are mixed with some other peds. It looks like this is specified in “popcycle.dat”. E.g., for “del_perro_beach” area peds will be combined from the groups designated in “popgroups.ymt” for “del_perro_beach” itself and also “Del_Perro_StreetGeneral”.
Sorry for long post. Comments are welcome.