Custom Radio Stations
Screenshot courtesy of ReNNie
What is it?
Waiting for real radio add-ons for your favorite GTA station, but you're impatient? Or do you want to make your own personal station? Give this a try.
Custom Radio Stations (CRS ) is a script which aims to extend the radio functionality beyond the constraints of the original GTA V radio wheel.
In essence, more wheels, more stations, and many user-configurable options.
Features and Changelog
1.1.2 Upcoming changes not yet uploaded
- The player's last 20 used vehicles will remember what station they were playing.
- Fixed a bug where last used vehicles that were using a vanilla station will randomly select a custom station when getting in.
- Added specific settings per wheel for icon sizes and wheel radius. Just create a 'settings.ini' file in the same folder where your station icons are, and insert the following:
ICON X SIZE = 50
ICON Y SIZE = 50
WHEEL RADIUS = 300
1.1.1 Upcoming changes not yet uploaded
- Playing a station for the first time will now start playing from a random position in a song.
- Custom station state will be remembered for the last 10 vehicles used by the player.
- Getting into a vehicle has the random chance of playing a custom station.
- Fix: Remove/reduce pop sound when playback starts.
1.1 More native wheels, dashboard info, custom commercials, updated UI, and more!
- Added ability to sort native stations across multiple wheels, just like custom stations! Standalone ASI version can be found here.
- Added Background and Highlight images drawn behind station icons. Color and sizes are editable in settings.ini.
- Added song info to vehicle dashboard. (Thanks to LucasRitter for sharing code)
- Added option to disable help text and subtitles.
- Added option to have custom wheel as default on first use.
- Disabled flight and wanted music when custom music is playing.
- Added option to disable wheel slow motion.
- Added ability to play commercials randomly in between your music. Just add any audio file that has a prefix of
[Commercial]to a station folder.
- K-Rose and Master Sounds 98.3 tracklists updated.
1.0 Initial Release
- Custom stations are "live"; when you stop listening to a station, you do not simply resume listening to it at that same point - stations continue as if they were playing live, much like the vanilla radio stations.
- Unlimited number of custom radio wheels - as many as your PC can handle.
- Each station may have a custom image and description - both optional.
- Each wheel may have any number of custom stations - I only recommend up to 18 per wheel however.
- Each station may have any number of music files - the order is randomized per script load.
- Support for the following file formats:
- Shortcuts (
.lnk) are supported as well, so no need to duplicate your music and waste space.
- Each music file may have an optional tracklist file associated with it - this allows you to display different song information in the wheel throughout the playback of a single music file, like the 1h 17m long V-Rock station from GTA Vice City.
- CRS automatically works with Mobile Radio by detecting if you have it enabled - through a trainer, for example.
- Included is a settings ini file for more general settings, such as wheel icon size, wheel radius, and controls.
- Support for custom headphone/earphone prop/clothing when using mobile radio.
- Ability to apply in-game "noise cancelling" when using mobile radio with headphones/earphones on the player character. I.e. reduce other world noise like cars, footsteps, etc.
Allow static emitters (via an emitters folder per station) and dynamic emitters (though exposing certain functions in the .dll) so that custom stations can be played in the world in 3D space, like in a club or casino, or from pedestrian vehicles.Maybe not anymore, might leave that to actual add-on radios.
Requests and Bugs to fix:
- Bug: Timescale issue; increases/decreases too slowly for some users. Might be fixed in 1.1
- Spotify playlist support
Special thanks to
ReNNie, for being my guinea pig ,
for providing helpful feedback and suggestions,
for creating, editing, and compiling tracklists for past GTA stations,
and for creating/editing icons for past GTA stations, as shown in the screenshot!
Ambiera for irrKlang, making this script possible.
Alexander Blade for ScripthookV
Crosire and contributors for ScripthookVDotNet.