Vice City Overhaul is set in past day time for Grand Theft Auto V, the map is redefined with lots of enhancements and many remodelled areas. Our modification aims to deliver a brand new Vice City experience with a whole new level of set of features and attention to detail. Our team is consistently expanding with new developers, our team currently has 12 members that range from 3D artists, GFX designers, radio and such.
What's our main goal for Vice City Overhaul?
• Ocean Drive remodelled buildings, roads, neon's and beach population like how the beach works in Los Santos
• Brand new vegetation
• Malibu Club Exterior and Interior remodelled & a fully functional club
• Full traffic support
• Minimap support
• Optimised for lower-end PC's
• Occluders, LOD and SLOD support
• Refined brands with new GFX work
• A metro system in Downtown
We have many other goals but for the meantime, I'd like to share a development update. We recently launched a beta for our Discord users to test a few select features for a taste of Vice City Overhaul, we have collected bug reports and we have begun polishing the conversion map in order to fix the alpha, collision issues across the city. Furthermore, completely new roads and pavements are currently being developed, this also includes the UV being fixed too. Check some of our behind the scenes from our Project Leader and Developer ryanm2711.
Vice City Overhaul: Timelapse (VCO Team)
Vice City Overhaul Gameplay (taltigolt)
Vice City Overhaul: Before & After Comparison From 2018 to 2019 (VCO Team)
Our team - They will stick around if you have any questions!
• ryanm2711 - Project Leader, 3D Artist and Map Conversion Developer
• Ambient - GFX Designer & Radio Composer
• Ash_735 - Mapper
• GTA Belgium - 3D Artist, Mapper and Exterior Developer
• Cranlet - GFX Designer
• CRena - CodeWalker Developer
• Headshots_Ops - Tools Developer
• HeySlickThatsMe - 3D Artist, Mapper and Scripter
• Robin - 3D Artist & Mapper
• Kalit - 3D Artist & Mapper
• Introvert - Vehicle Developer
• mould122 - Vegeration Artist, 3D Artist, CodeWalker Developer and Tools Developer
• MrGTAmodsgerman - Vegeration Artist, 3D Artist, CodeWalker Developer
• rollschuh2282 - Interior Minimap
• Smallo - Tools Developer
• UHDFreddyEST - Vice City Overhaul Minimap
• VideoTech UK - CodeWalker Developer & Community Manager
• Vice City RAGE Developer Team
• DexyFex (CodeWalker & Tools)
• Autodesk (3DS Max)
• FiveM (Conversion Tools)
• Biggdog & reN - GTA-5mods.com moderation staff (Thank you for your tremendous support)
Question: What about Take-Two Interactive?
Answer: We haven't received a cease and desist letter or word from Take-Two yet, but if they'd like us to stop developing we'll comply within their demands.
Question: Where is it launching?
Answer: We plan to launch Vice City Overhaul on RAGE Modding, GTA-5mods.com and GTAForums at release.
Question: Do you plan to make a FiveM server?
Answer: Absolutely yes!
Question: What time of year is Vice City Overhaul set in?
Answer: Vice City Overhaul is set in past day time
Question: I would like to help you and become part of the team
Answer: Awesome! We're always looking into expanding the team. Shoot me a DM on GTA Forums or Discord (VideoTech UK#0001).
Question: Why is the map so close to Los Santos?
Answer: Due to the game engine limitations, we're unable to move the map within a far distance. Moving the map futher of the map will not allow use of traffic support, navmeshes, and many other issues will be caused. If the engine boundaries are ever cracked, we'll consider moving the map.
Question: So you mentioned amazing optimisation. How so?
Answer: Vice City Overhaul will be heavily optimised to ensure performance is at it's best. We plan to have full occluders, LOD, and SLOD support and texture low and high settings support for most textures.
If you have any questions be sure to ask in the comments thread, I'm happy to answer any questions!